Materia Transmutation thoughts

Forum Forums Discussion Materia Transmutation thoughts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AnonUser
    Participant

For those who don’t know…

There is a goblin by Black Brush Station who will take 5 low grade materia and change them into a different type of materia

For example give him…
    3 Wind Materia II
    2 Ice Materia II

He will most likely give you a Grade II Materia back, but its guaranteed not to be Wind or Ice. There is a small chance to get a grade III from this, but I don’t know the math.

Optimized, you give him 5 crap kinds to increase the likelyhood of getting something good.

This is an extremely tedious process, but there is now a TON of useless materia in the game that might be profitable to transmute.

I played around with Scenario Engine a little, but I don’t see any realistic way of automating it in there. Any thoughts? Would this be a good feature, or are the returns too low to matter. There are very few achievements for this.

ExarchCoercer
    Participant

I was experimenting with this last night. I think the main problem is there isn’t anyway to ensure your cursor is always at the first inventory position. If we could do that than you would just need to set up the materia in your first 5 slots and use keybinds to select and turn in. Also selecting the right number might be tricky as well.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

From what i remember theres a 10% chance to get a better materia grade. Considering materia can be sold to npc for some good gil imo its too low to matter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.