Manual GCD input with Miq-oGCD weaves

Forum Forums Discussion Manual GCD input with Miq-oGCD weaves

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chomosuke
    Chomosuke
    Participant

This idea came to me while I was trying to figure out a way to use to use new abilities (shoha from SAM, or my own mudra preferences in 80 NIN) that are treated differently by miqo. I love miqo so far, but not the fighting for GCD uptime control. So originally, I tried to set up defensive abilities for her to take care of while I use all my offensives myself. After experimenting with this idea, and its expanded to a bit more to most of my oGCDs. It seems like it could be useful for those who like a bit more active input during combat so I wanted to share it.

Since Miqo uses only the abilities linked to hotkey’d bars on screen, I would place oGCD’s and defensives on those. I’d then use a gamepad for gameplay and miqo would use the oGCD’s she could see while not touching the ones I set myself. I couldn’t figure out a way to use mouse and keyboard with the full control, aside from placing them on a separate bar without hotkeys and manually clicking them. That seemed cumbersome to me so I don’t do it myself, but it’s an option for now if you guys don’t want/like gamepad play.

Has anyone else tried something to this effect? If anyone’s interested, I can try to develop this line of thought a bit more so we can all take advantage of it.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

Usually what players are after is the opposite.

They’re looking for being able to tell Miqo when to weave some oGCD, but not all oGCD, mostly the ones that are not part of any “rotation”, the ones Miqo can’t really figure out because they depend on mechanics or strategies set by the party or really specific situation etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.