Macro

Forum Forums Discussion Macro

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Krude 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    r51093
    r51093
    Participant

Hi can Miqobot detect Macros on the hot bars? if so or even if not since Miqobot does not use the mouse it can not use ground targeting spells/abilities such as but not limited to sacred soil, earthly star and so on however i have long had a fix for this using the following below as a macro the ground based targeting is automatically placed ontop of what ever you are targeting i think it was mistake of bution smashing by Miqobot because i only ever seen Miqobot do it 2 or 3 times now and i use the combat and squads alot!!! Point is that no mater what it still flowed flawlessly because of my macro that i had in place way before Miqobot so my question is dose/can Miqobot read macros? if so or even if not it may not be a bad idea to add in a toggle switch for instance to use ground targeting abilities/ spells for people like me who do macro them for auto placement a macro such as the ones listed below are simple to make and make things easy to manage and i recommend them to anyone i meet regardless if they are using a bot or not with this part of the macro ” /micon “Sacred Soil” ” it would still show the ability/spell as if it was the normal spell just without the tooltip

/micon “Earthly Star”
    /ac “Earthly Star” <t>
    /ac “Earthly Star” <me>

/micon “Sacred Soil”
    /ac “Sacred Soil” <t>
    /ac “Sacred Soil” <me>

/micon “Shukuchi”
    /ac “Shukuchi” <t>

also side note paladins shield bash (a fast recharging stun) is never used by miqobot its a level 15 ability (maybe it got over looked *shrug* )

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by r51093 r51093. Reason: Spell check, added another macro
    malarkey
    malarkey
    Participant

Yes Miqo can use macros, but afaik she cannot read the content of the macro. If it is a hotbar she can access and as long as the icon is set for a skill Miqo will attempt to use it when she sees fit in her combat sequence for the skill in the macro icon, regardless of what else is in the macro.

Note that right now not all jobs are 100% optimized for all skills up to 80.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Shield Bash is a gcd and a dps loss. Theres no reason to use it over Low Blow.

r51093
    r51093
    Participant

Yes Miqo can use macros, but afaik she cannot read the content of the macro. If it is a hotbar she can access and as long as the icon is set for a skill Miqo will attempt to use it when she sees fit in her combat sequence for the skill in the macro icon, regardless of what else is in the macro.

Note that right now not all jobs are 100% optimized for all skills up to 80.

i see, i would still like to see some kind of option to use the ground targeting ability’s if posible for people who have them macro’ed i think it could add a whole dynamic to the bots combat capabilities as well as its DPS efficiency.

i see the reson for it not being in the DPS rotation but should it not still be added? to have a stun like that with a fast recharge is perfect for when low blow is on cool down or is there something i am missing?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Hi can Miqobot detect Macros on the hot bars?

Yes, Miqobot can and does use macros for ground targeting abilities.
    Please refer to this section of the guide:
    [Beta] Combat – Placement Macros

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Shield Bash is a GCD. GCD means global cooldown. You can use only one GCD every ~2.5 seconds. So if you use Shield Bash you cancel out the main GCD combo. What would be the reason behind stunning the enemy without actually killing it?

r51093
    r51093
    Participant

Shield Bash is a GCD. GCD means global cooldown. You can use only one GCD every ~2.5 seconds. So if you use Shield Bash you cancel out the main GCD combo. What would be the reason behind stunning the enemy without actually killing it?

I see what you mean now thank you for the explanation 😀 .

I was just thinking its an extra stun for interupting enemy abilitys but I guess that is minimal concern when considering that thats one less damaging attack to be added in the DPS rotation

EDiT: Im not new to MMO’s by any means but im also not an expert either lol im a casual player but in my play style I always favor stuning or silencing the enemy over evaiding the attacks when posible so to me it makes sense to have it in rotation I feel you lose more DPS evaiding AoE’s then stuning them but like I said I am no expert and what you said dose make sense when you think about it in a pure DPS rotation its next to useless so again thank you for the explanation 😀

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by r51093 r51093.
    r51093
    r51093
    Participant

Hi can Miqobot detect Macros on the hot bars?

Yes, Miqobot can and does use macros for ground targeting abilities.
    Please refer to this section of the guide:
    <span class=”d4pbbc-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>[Beta] Combat – Placement Macros</span>

I see thank you and sorry I must have over looked that some how I used the forum search bar and found nothing about macro placements when I did so thank you but dose make me wonder why dose Miqobot use them more? especially for healing Sacred Soil and Earthly Star, i have only ever seen it use Earthly Star max 3 times ever is it just a low priority over other spells / abilitys?

r51093
    r51093
    Participant

I wasent so much thinking about useing shield bash over low blow but more like for it to be used when not under a combo and only when/if low blow is on recharge but i guess that could be hard to implement

Krude
    Participant
    1+

Shield bash has very niche uses like chain stunning the fear add on Leviathan Ex when mentor roulette shunts you into that, but in general, it’s a vestigial relic from ARR times when things like status and elemental resistances and crowd ontrol were still a thing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.