Lost ark

Forum Forums Discussion Lost ark

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Not Human Not Human 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

user100
    Participant

I know this is a Ff14 bot. I was wonder if you guy are planning on a lost ark bot? Been using miqo for a year now and love it. I would love a lost ark bot from you guys.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

No, at the moment we don’t have any plans for Lost Ark.

Kuarupi
    Participant

No, at the moment we don’t have any plans for Lost Ark.

saaaaaaaaddd, i will love if u made a Miqo for LA, so much saaaaaaaaddd

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

If you have limited resources to devote to your product, are you going to use those resources to make something for a game with nearly 500k subscriptions or one with over 3.4 million. The choice is pretty clear. Even if only 1% of players use miqo

1% of 500,000 = 5000 x $10 a month = $50,000
    1% of 3,400,000 = 34,000 x $10 a month = $340,000

So strictly from that point of view, I wouldn’t waste my time making a miqo for another game. Of course the percentages I’m just pulling out of my bum as I’m sure they’re probably a lot lower but that’s just the idea.

Also, Miqo is built by people that play and love ffxiv that happen to be amazing at coding and application development. It only makes sense they build a bot for something they are familiar with and know inside and out.

Lastly, I would be willing to bet if you’re patient, some devoted developer who loves LA will eventually come up with their own at some point.

Disclaimer: the above message is strictly my opinion and my not necessarily a reflection of Miqobot in any way shape or form.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

Lost Ark player count is currently overshadowed by a hype wave. Any kind of estimate today is just shooting in the dark. The real value of the game will be revealed after the hype wave moves on to other games. Since we are talking about a long term investment here you have to think about what happens to the game several months or years from now on. Imagine spending six months developing a new bot only to find out that its a sinking ship.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Miqo isn’t from a general bot development team, it’s from a Final Fantasy 14 bot development team. They make a bot for FFXIV, not bots in general. If you want a bot for a different game, this is not the place to look.

Feand
    Participant

Miqo isn’t from a general bot development team, it’s from a Final Fantasy 14 bot development team. They make a bot for FFXIV, not bots in general. If you want a bot for a different game, this is not the place to look.

REALLY? shiiiiit i tthought this was a bot for runescape.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

You do see the thread this is in, right? My post was on-topic and reasonable. You don’t have to come in just to be sarcastic at someone who’s responding to a question someone else asked.

edgedy
    Participant
    3+

Also keep in mind that unlike Japanese privacy laws and monitoring software, FFXIV is by law not allowed to check for bots.

Lost Ark is 100% monitoring for cheating and would definitely get you banned.

Not Human
    Not Human
    Participant
    1+

To be realistic miqobot already has a uphill battle with getting it patched up to work with FFXIV hence why they work in phases and actually take the time to make sure it works without the end user having to do some janky stuff, I seriously doubt they want to add even more work load for a game that still hasn’t proven its longevity and I think I can speak for most of us here, no one wants miqobot dev time cut in half because of another project.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.