Logging and closing

Forum Forums Discussion Logging and closing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Vixen Vixen 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Zankul
    Zankul
    Participant

New here. I have a script I am testing to run for a few hours. I’d like to do a few things after the script runs.
    I’d like to logout of the game and have it close the game. Then preferably close out miqobot. Though that is less of an interest to me. More concerned with just logging out/closing the game.
    As a seperates issue. If there is a way to add in either “return” or teleport to a specific area that would be great.
    Also any videos or a section to learn different things to do. Sorry for asking new, and haven’t seen anything of the sort yet.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

If you mean you have a scenario that you want to logout or exit the game on completion, that’s easy. Make a macro in the game that uses the /logout or /shutdown command, drag it to a hotbar, assign it a keybind, and have Miqo send the keypress for it at the end. This can be generalised out to use any chat commands at any time, really.

There are already return(), teleport(name[, estate]), and teleportIfNotThere(name[, estate]) scenario commands, listed in the built-in help window.

Closing Miqobot after closing the game is more difficult, but if you’re willing to use something like AutoHotkey to make an additional script, it could be done easily enough. For example, a loop that checks if FFXIV is still running, closes Miqobot and then exits if it isn’t, and waits a minute or so before rechecking if it is. There’s no method built into Miqobot for doing this, though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.