Lock Grid and Presets

Forum Forums Discussion Lock Grid and Presets

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant

The reason why I am even suggesting this is due to some factors which may or may not lead to “Registering bot routines”.

I was discussing with a friend of mine ways to catch cheaters in any game (as we are currently working on a project) and to me, that is the easiest question ever because Blizzard explained how they caught most of the cheaters by re-routing what the caught bots did and where they got their bots from.

As FFXIV grows every day, the bot community also grows with it and being a long time botter I can say that the only reason I never got caught is that I always did my own grids and scenarios.

As for why Lock the grid section, I believe that only members of this site should be able to use it and not anyone else. This resolves many issues but the important part is to stop anything from flowing out of the site itself. I am not a programmer nor a computer guru yet if I want to catch a mouse I would search for its roots first.

As for the Members part, allow people to register their license code every time they make a purchase of it to unlock the grid section, this resolves the lock and to conclude this thread some people might think they are safe gathering with pre-made grids yet they can’t seem to forget most of the old users mentioning that we either edit them to become “different” or even “New”. Please do not use the grids without a bit of modification made on them as most of the times I pass through areas with botters, I can easily know that they are all using the same grid and same bot.

[This is just my opinion and may not appeal to many who are keeping a watch of the forums, this is in no way going to affect subscribers following certain threads and I created this because it was very easy to track botters…]

zgo63925
    Participant

Or… now imagine this, you can use the random waypoint function to make it fluctuate :O

But yeah doesn’t sound wrong.

Arc
    Arc

Well, I would agree, that this might not be unreasonable to do and I support this idea.
    There is literally not a single reason, why anyone outside of people who use the bot need to be able to look into the grids forum.

zgo63925
    Participant

But then again, nothing prevents SE to invest 10€ to get full access.

Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant

As I explained, nothing prevents SE from anything and this only makes it more private for the members.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

i think SE already knows everything About Miqo, but tolerates it up to a certain Degree and up to a certain behaivior

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by 4DDCom 4DDCom.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Most grids are far from perfect anyway, so ones who use them without any editing (especially simple “star” girds with a single central beacon) should blame themselves if they get banned. These grids can be example for complete Miqo newbies, though. And I don’t really believe locking the section would make us any safer. However, if it gets locked, I won’t cry: I make my grids myself anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.