Linking gathering grids ?

Forum Forums Discussion Linking gathering grids ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by PinHead PinHead 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jasefire
    jasefire
    Participant

probably a stupid question but there’s a lot of different terms floating around on the forum im not entirely dumb so i think ive got some of them nailed down um trying to work out if it would it be possible to link a series of gathering grids into a scenario ? effectively making a gathering leveling scenario?

jponry
    jponry
    Participant
    1+

The command in scenario is

grid(your grid name here)

to make Miqo swap navigation grids 🙂

spellure
    Participant
    1+

So you have: (Taking examples from the amazing diadem scenario elsewhere on the forum)

Gathering grids: Created under the “Navigation” tab, used to tell miqobot where to go. You can program these/find them online and download them to tell miqo where to walk, how to walk or fly, and where there are things to find. You create waypoints and tell her where to go in your scenario.

Skills (Gathering rotation/macro): This is where you tell miqobot what skills to use while gathering.

Scenario: This is where you tell miqobot what to do, imagine that this is the master instructions list that builds from everything else in miqobot’s tabs. There’s individual chapters that the engine runs through in order to group up your commands, you can choose to use them or put everything in one chapter, just depends on you.

Now putting all those terms together, here’s an excerpt of the diadem scenario:

//The Diadem ⚒🌱

gatherPreset(Mining âš’) // THIS IS HOW YOU SET WHAT "SKILLS" TO USE 
    grid(The Diadem ⚒🌱) // THIS IS HOW YOU CALL A "GATHERING GRID" 

job(botanist) // THIS IS HOW YOU CHANGE JOBS

startMateriaExtraction()

job(Miner)

startMateriaExtraction()

//Food // ANYTHING THAT STARTS WITH "//" IS IGNORED BY MIQOBOT
    //icon(3, 1, 2)
    gather(18)
    randomWaypoint(578,282,24,184,284) // THIS IS HOW YOU TELL MIQOBOT WHERE TO GO IN YOUR "GATHERING GRID" YOU CAN EITHER DO "randomWaypoint(x,y,z)" OR "waypoint()" 
    gather(22) // THIS IS HOW YOU TELL MIQOBOT TO "GATHER" A QUANTITY OF ITEMS FROM THE GATHERING GRID YOU PICKED

So you can change gathering presets and grids and everything as often as you want, you just have to tell miqobot when to do it in the scenario engine.

Ray
    Participant

Unless I misunderstand I think

gather(x)

Is actually gather from x amount of nodes and not items. At least that seems to be the way miqobot has been functioning for me.

Additionally I think he is asking if it’s possible to link the grids of multiple areas. For example walking into another area as opposed to teleporting and then switching to that new areas navigation grid.

PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant

To link grids have a common waypoint in each Grid. I have a few setup like this for gathering purposes.

In Grid1 my character flies to waypoint10, grid then changes to Grid2 and has a waypoint20 exactly where Grid1’s waypoint10 was. If you don’t have a common waypoint your character will travel to the nearest waypoint in the new grid, this can lead to unexpected results.

Going between zones can be done using zoneGate(). After you zone-in call the new grid and go to your destination waypoint.

Learning complex scripting can be done by looking at other scenarios that are available. The ? (Question Mark) on the Scenario tab has all of the commands defined. For new scenarios, I find writing out a high level overview helps me keep track of what I want to do. I build and write my scenario based off my notes, I frequently copy repeated strings from other scenarios to prevent reinventing the wheel.

I breakup single goals into multiple chapters such as Traveling/Presets, Gathering/WorkUntil, Maintenance(Desynth, Repair, Reduction), Next Goal/Repeat. This helps keep things tidy and allows resuming scenarios without having to go through a single chapter with 50 steps. I rarely have more than 8 steps in a chapter, if I do they have remarks. Remarks are skipped lines in scenarios, they let you make notes or have alternate configs on standby. Remarks are added by preceding a line with //

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by PinHead PinHead.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.