Lifetime membership?

Forum Forums Discussion Lifetime membership?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by bottingfriend bottingfriend 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

powelee
    Participant

Hi Miqo Team,

As it was discussed in 2018. It will be discussed again 2 years later.. I know a few who have been asking or wondering whether or not the lifetime membership would ever pop up? Seeing that SHB is coming to a close and we only have one or two more expacs left. Would this realistically be possible? Since your team is rather small and things still need to be implemented… Would these important features you stated in 2018 still need to be implemented? Just curious what your development life cycle is thanks.

Thank you for asking!
    As we explained earlier, additional subscription plans will be introduced after all important features are implemented.

At the moment we are working on several critical feature packs. As soon as we catch up with the development, we’ll definitely reconsider our pricing policy and there will be more subscription options available.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for asking again.
    Yes, we have considered advantages and disadvantages of implementing the lifetime membership a while ago, and we couldn’t find enough arguments in favor of changing the current subscription model.

Arc
    Arc

Seeing that SHB is coming to a close and we only have one or two more expacs left. Would this realistically be possible?

Just wanted to add my 5ct’s here. You do know, that in late 2018 it was announced, that Yoshida had presented his 10 years plan for Final Fantasy XIV to the Square Enix management?

This means that if SE keeps its schedule, we are still getting at least 5 more expansions. Also keep in mind, that Final Fantasy 11, which came out 19 years ago in 2001 is still getting updates and patches regularly (in August it even got an entirely new storyline called “The Voracious Resurgence”), so I strongly doubt, there is an end in sight for FF14.

It wouldn’t even make sense from a business perspective for Square Enix to bring FF14 to an end soon, since FF14 is still growing, and with Shadowbringers it broke the 1 million active subscribers mark for the first time. The last census from LuckyBancho counted at least 1,18 million active subscribers in October, and that isn’t counting free trial players or a bunch of other players that don’t meet the strict criteria for LuckyBancho’s census.

On top of that it would be completely absurd for Square Enix to finish FF14, since it is their biggest income source.
    Their MMO branch, which consists only of Dragon Quest X (which is mainly popular in Japan), Final Fantasy XI (which is a 19 year old MMO) and Final Fantasy XIV, makes almost 50% of all Square Enix profits. On the other hand their HD Games branch (AAA-Titles like FF7 Remake, etc.) often makes no profit at all and even made multi-million a loss several times over the last couple of years, and their mobile games branch makes almost the same amount of profit as their MMOs, despite costing multiple times more to operate.

Source:

Falbium
    Falbium
    Participant

Thank you for asking again.
    Yes, we have considered advantages and disadvantages of implementing the lifetime membership a while ago, and we couldn’t find enough arguments in favor of changing the current subscription model.

Hello what about a subscription model similar in a way to how square enix does it. You can keep the one time payment of the standard $10 dollars and you can add other longer ones for a discount one time payment like 90 days for $9 per month so $27 total, 180 days for $8 per month so $48 total and people can select which one time payment they would want to choose out of the three options. I personally would like this as I can choose a subscription based on the same as my ff14 subscription and having a slight discount I believe would entice more people to choose the more pricy subscription plan for that discount.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Falbium Falbium.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Falbium Falbium.

cmscy
    Participant
    2+

The sub is already cheap enough and since it’s not static, aka, like most of zygor guides, it needs active development, makes no sense to have a lifetime sub, cheaper longer sub tier would be a better option.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant
    1+

Eh, I don’t mind the cute little $10/month for all the help the program gives. Just started doing chocobo races yesterday, and it’s awesome! Still gotta figure out more on the gathering/crafting side of miqobot though lol (I’m a new user). But that monthly money helps the program to keep going.

Though I wouldn’t mind the buying 2 or 3 months at once, maybe up to max a year at a time, instead of every single month. Even without a discount attached to it, that’s just convenient for some to pay ahead.

bottingfriend
    bottingfriend
    Participant

You can buy more then a month, if you enter an e-mail with an already-existing subscription. But I agree, I wish I could add multiple months at a time instead of having to charge my card several times.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.