Leveling 55-71?

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Leveling 55-71?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  derm 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Karlo
    Participant

Hey y’all,

I appreciate the scenario work everyone has done. Miqobot has saved me tons of time.

I’m curious of anyone has used it for leveling DoW/M jobs after Sohm Al? There appears to be support for multiple ShB trust dungeons, but nothing for SB?

I’m thinking Heaven on High is the best way to level, but it’s nature doesn’t really lend itself to miqo automation?

Thanks for any information!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Just continue spamming Sohm Al. Takes less than a day and youre afking anyway so why bother. Sohm Al runs are super fast and overall its the same as HoH even if it was automated. Plus you get a good supply of GC seals which you can easily convert to gil with cordials and glamour prisms.

And yea there are no squadron dungeons for SB. Its not Miqo they simply dont exist in the game.

derm
    Participant
    1+

I’ve been leveling my alts over the last couple weeks.
    Sohl Al is the only option, i’ve played around in excel a bit and i got the following:

avg of my runs
    Thats the average of my runs on which the next table is based. These are not perfect by any means but should be close-ish.
    I’m using the preorder earring and 3% food.

levels
    Here is how the above data works out while running the dungeons. It’s split between the time spent in the dungeon and the number of runs per level.
    Running Sohm Ol from 53-71 takes ~39 hours or 124 runs.
    I didn’t log the first alt i got to 80 so i dont have data for Qitana Ravel yet but compared to that just doing Holminster 71-80 (Trusts) would take 24 hours or 43 runs, Qitana would cut that down by a bit though.

There is a thread by r51093 that has a scenario to run the squadrons and sell the items at the gc vendor.
    I’m using an edited version of his Scenario but it does work, it just takes some time.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  derm. Reason: update 1st pic
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  derm.

Fara
    Participant

I do appreciate the math done here, but i see a very critical flaw in the math:
    The lack of Heat of Battle 2 or 3.
    Because hear me out, i earn at least 1,1 mil exp in a Sohm Al. With either the FC buff or the Squadron Scrolls. I daresay using these can reduce the run time for this significantly – espescially abusing rested exp. Might not be an instant do-all-at-once scenario but i daresay it is worth abusing the heck out of rested and the Heat of battle buff.

derm
    Participant

I do appreciate the math done here, but i see a very critical flaw in the math:
    The lack of Heat of Battle 2 or 3.
    Because hear me out, i earn at least 1,1 mil exp in a Sohm Al. With either the FC buff or the Squadron Scrolls. I daresay using these can reduce the run time for this significantly – espescially abusing rested exp. Might not be an instant do-all-at-once scenario but i daresay it is worth abusing the heck out of rested and the Heat of battle buff.

Sorry, it includes Heat of Battle 2, its always on in my FC.
    But you’re right about rested xp. I’ve had a couple of Sohm Al runs at ~940k xp and it took me a while to realize it was because of the rested buff. Non rested is between 740-780k for me.
    I dont know enough about how xp is earned to explain where the variance comes from but there is some slight variance in xp gain across all runs.
    Samplesize is also always an issue. For most of the dungeons i have 5-6 recorded runs, for Sohm Al i stopped at 10 because apart from the rested xp runs everything was hitting the 740-780k range.
    The numbers in the first pic are the average of my runs.

I also did run Qitana a couple of times and 75-80 takes ~10 hours or 19 runs. ~7.8mil xp in a 33min run.
    So doing Holminster and Qitana from 71-80 would take ~18 hours instead of the 24 hours only Holminster wouldve taken.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  derm.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.