Labyrinth of the ancient needed?

Forum Forums Discussion Labyrinth of the ancient needed?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc

EDIT: Aaaand as I predicted, it is now official. According to the patch notes, the only requirement to start the next Shadowbringers Main Scenario Quest is:

Players must first complete the main scenario quest “A Requiem for Heroes.”

Which is only the last 4.5 quest.

steviejd
    steviejd
    Participant

EDIT: Aaaand as I predicted, it is now official. According to the patch notes, the only requirement to start the next Shadowbringers Main Scenario Quest is:

Players must first complete the main scenario quest “A Requiem for Heroes.”

Which is only the last 4.5 quest.

Yep, same as the other 2 expansions. Forcing players to do 2.x 24-man raid content was never going to happen.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

so we are in the safe place 🙂

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Now I wonder: maybe it would be better idea to quest up as far as 4.2 and stop there? Following this pattern, they should add coffers with some nice stuff (ilvl340? maybe even 360?) to 4.3 quests (Gosetsu and Tsuyu+), for us to receive for free?

I read dialogues in advance (from some guys blog) while Miqo grinds, then I just take manual control at evening, start doing MSQ and spamclick through everything – dialogues and cutscenes alike. Also, there is no point to leave 4.1 and 4.2 content incomplete: there will be no coffers anyway. That said, I did full quest chain of 4.2 in about 2 hours rl. Granted, there are no oblighatory dungeons… which would otherwise add one more hour per content. So, basically, 21 quests of 4.3-4.5 content + 3 dungeous should take like… 9 hours or so. Not really a problem, IMHO.

So I was right. I’m even surprised myself how right I was – especially taking into account the fact that I’m still newbie here. I’ve wasted crapload of time trying to find some roundabout way to buy early access to ShB; but, once I did it (at evening), everything went as expected and even better. My assumption was correct: quests which granted but a piece of food yesterday now contain full coffers of ilvl370 (!!!) eq – I couldn’t even hope for such a gift. In the worst case (magic classes) you receive it after Gosetsu and Tsuyu quest; others get it even earlier. After that you have to do but two steps: 1) collect 720 poetics (I had some 500 poetics, some 300 mendacity and about 150 genesis, which can now be traded for poetics 2:1) and purchase 4 pieces of Scaevan ilvl390 jewelry; 2) buy your Lost Allagan ilvl330 weapon + another ring for centurio seals. After that you are all set: max you need to complete 4.56 content is average ilvl360 gear. In case you’ve watched cutscenes and read dialogues in advance (on youtube or whatnot), you can simply click through it, and emerge in ShB content in some 5-7 hours (depending on how much time you’ve wasted on wipes in The Burn and/or The Ghimlyt Dark, as well as during The Will of the Moon duty) – and that’s without wasting your time (=gil) on raids, nor directly wasting your gil on Rakshasa.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Gray Gray.
    Arc
    Arc
    1+

So I was right.

You were right and you were wrong.

Yes, old quests award you with a coffer full of i360 now, but I was also right, that it is completely pointless, as the Shadowbringers main questline automatically awards you with even better gear right from the beginning every few quests. Heck, I even got better gear than my i400 best in slot gear, once I reached level 75 and I already got equal gear to Stormblood best in slot raid gear once I was level 72.

zgo63925
    Participant
    1+

So I was right.

You were right and you were wrong.

Yes, old quests award you with a coffer full of i360 now, but I was also right, that it is completely pointless, as the Shadowbringers main questline automatically awards you with even better gear right from the beginning every few quests. Heck, I even got better gear than my i400 best in slot gear, once I reached level 75 and I already got equal gear to Stormblood best in slot raid gear once I was level 72.

Exactly this, literally the first quest awards you 395 gear, which is equal to endgame tomestone gear, then they award you ilvl 400 gear shortly after.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

The problem is: you can’t reach ShB content (and its items) without having average ilvl of 360. This basically means you had to either complete MSQ up to 4.56 in advance, and then gather your stuff via raiding/Eureka+/genesis/market, or just go my way without wasting time/gil.

zgo63925
    Participant

The problem is: you can’t reach ShB content (and its items) without having average ilvl of 360. This basically means you had to either complete MSQ up to 4.56 in advance, and then gather your stuff via raiding/Eureka+/genesis/market, or just go my way without wasting time/gil.

A full set of raksha is under 500k crafted…
    Consider that you dont need a full set, you pay roughly 250k to not be days worth of content behind.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Consider that you dont need a full set, you pay roughly 250k to not be days worth of content behind.

Wut? What server/dc is this? Because on mine, a single crafted i380 accesory runs you for around 300k.

Unless you mean gather the mats yourself.. but then that takes effort and stuff.

zgo63925
    Participant

Wut? What server/dc is this? Because on mine, a single crafted i380 accesory runs you for around 300k.

Not gonna name it but I can say for certain because I did this not long ago. I bought a full set of rasksha ingredients (not even base ingredients, just exactly what you need to craft it and it took me 600k, a single piece of HQ raksha sells for 300k on the market which is ridiculous.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Not gonna name it but I can say for certain because I did this not long ago. I bought a full set of rasksha ingredients (not even base ingredients, just exactly what you need to craft it and it took me 600k, a single piece of HQ raksha sells for 300k on the market which is ridiculous.

Oh Ok then yeah. And Yes I agree with the mat/cost ratio, but eh, I like gil, what can I say.

zgo63925
    Participant

Oh Ok then yeah. And Yes I agree with the mat/cost ratio, but eh, I like gil, what can I say.

Even so, the mats and drops you can sell in the first days, if not even hours easily gains you the raksha set back, people already bought HQ level items for 100k a stack, dungeon drops for 100k a piece, random gathering items for 10k each, you name it.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

This basically means you had to either complete MSQ up to 4.56 in advance, and then gather your stuff via raiding/Eureka+/genesis/market, or just go my way without wasting time/gil.

Just fyi: The majority of players in FFXIV do not raid at all. Neither 8-man raids, nor 24-man raids, because there is a high amount of players with social anxiety issues. Most just do casual stuff and if you just complete the story dungeons, you will automatically get gear with which you can reach Shadowbringers, unless you’re VERY unfortunate, plus, from completing the story dungeons from 4.1+ you automatically also get allagan tomestones, from which you can also buy additional gear pieces, so you don’t even have to grind them.

No matter from which way you look it, you can simply progress through the story normally with barely any grind (maybe you have to run one dungeon twice or so) and you get to the expansion just fine, where you get high iLvl gear thrown in your face right from the start.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

It depends on server, I guess… Still, it’s not about “days worth of content behind” – I’ve completed the whole way from 4.2 to 4.56 in less than 6 hours. But anyway, what’s the point to rush? There are no new green crafts, there is no new demimateria to buy for scrips, there is not even Miqo to farm common stuff (not that it could grind new FATEs anyway). I’m 76 already, in two more days I’ll be 80, and then what? hehe

No matter from which way you look it, you can simply progress through the story normally with barely any grind (maybe you have to run one dungeon twice or so) and you get to the expansion just fine, where you get high iLvl gear thrown in your face right from the start.

I guess I’m the perfect example of such a “casual stuff player” (even though that’s just because I spend my time on grinding gil). And no, you are wrong… By “visiting dungeons twice” you’d never have average ilvl360 to enter The Ghimlyt Dark. From what I recall, I had but a single piece of ilvl355 jewelry from MSQ instance usable by my class; the rest was received thanks to me delaying MSQ until ShB (and I mean the whole set of ilvl370 gear) + bought for poetics. You would never have obtained enough genesis just by running MSQ… Rather, you had to grind A/S-rank hunts for hours and hours and hours!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.