Kill switch

Forum Forums Discussion Kill switch

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tara
    Participant

Hello!

I have a massive problem with Miqobot.

Sometimes, it just stops with “Kill switch it triggered” for no reason.
    I try to farm Lightning Crystal. I even let the bot farm over night with no problems, and then sometimes 1 hour in I just get a kill switch…

Why?

(08:29:29) My precious shiny sparkles! (102/200)
    (08:29:29) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘<anything>’ *.*
    (08:29:29) No gathering nodes around. But hey, there’s a beacon over there for me ->
    (08:29:29) Going from 9 to 1 in 3 trips.
    (08:29:34) 2 trips more..
    (08:29:34) 1 trip more..
    (08:29:34) Destination reached!
    (08:29:35) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘<anything>’ *.*
    (08:29:35) No gathering nodes around. But hey, there’s a beacon over there for me ->
    (08:29:35) Going from 19 to 2 in 3 trips.
    (08:29:35) 2 trips more..
    (08:29:43) 1 trip more..
    (08:29:43) Destination reached!
    (08:30:03) Oh noes, I couldn’t reach the destination in time. I guess I’m stuck here. 🙁
    (08:30:03) Time/Estimate: 20.0103/20.0000
    (08:30:03) Poking creatures in the woods… Good night! <3
    (08:30:03) (NOTE) Kill switch is triggered.
    (08:30:03) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.
    (08:30:04) Poking creatures in the woods… Good night! <3
    (08:30:04) (NOTE) Kill switch is triggered.
    (08:30:04) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.

The Bot stopped at Beacon 2, which is just above 2 nodes.

Heres the Scenario:

1:
    teleport(Ok’ Zundo)
    waypoint(7, Blitzkristall)

2:
    selectGrid(Sesame Seeds)
    gatherPreset(Blitzkristall)
    gather(200)
    dismount()
    repair()
    repeatChapter(99)

This is not only on this grid. It happens on all. Sometimes it just stops. There are no threats anywhere, and the Mobs in this area don’t even attack me at all.

I am using 1.13.13 Beta but this happened before. I thought it was how the grid was set-up. But when it sometimes farms 8 hours straight and sometimes stops 1 hour in, theres something wrong.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  Tara.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  Tara.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!

We have analyzed the message log you provided and managed to identify the problem.
    There is only one function in the navigation module which triggers a kill switch after exactly 20 seconds. It’s the vertical camera alignment function.

After every navigation sequence Miqobot tries to restore the vertical camera angle to roughly 15 degrees above eye level. In your case she failed to do so for 20 seconds which is extremely long for a simple camera rotation, so she decided that something went very wrong and triggered a kill swtich.

Would you please answer the following questions:

1. What keybinds are assigned to actions “Point Camera Up” and “Point Camera Down”?
    2. What value is assigned to camera speed in Character Configuration settings?
    3. At what FPS do you usually run the game with Miqobot?
    4. Do you experience game stuttering from time to time?

Tara
    Participant

Hey there! Thanks for the reply

1. Its Up and Down Pic: https://imgur.com/a/wxL5YSV
    2. Picture: https://imgur.com/a/ny1ZSyb (Maintain cmaera distance & acitvate standard type auto-fly/auto-dive is ON)
    3. 15FPS(Limited while in the background or 30FPS Limited in the game options) otherwise capped at 60 when I play.
    4. Not really apart from the FPS drops to stable 40-50 in Limsa, while Characters are set to max and Graphics are set to max also

Specs
    i5 2500k
    GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB
    8GB DDR3
    Game is on a Samsung Evo 860 500GB
    Windows is on a ADATA SSD 120GB

Windows 10 64 Bit

I don’t understand why sometimes it works for 8 straight hours and sometimes it don’t.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, the settings you use are dangerously close to critical values.
    Miqobot can function at 10-15 FPS, but this is the bare minimum at which game performance starts to cause problems. In addition, your camera speed is set to 60, which is twice faster than the default value of 33. Was there any specific reason for this setting to take place?

We will give an explanation about why it happens in the next post, but first let us give you a solution.
    In order to avoid this problem, please use the following settings:

• Frame Rate Limit: 60 FPS
    • Camera Speed (Keyboard): 33

This will ensure that Miqobot gets at least 18 FPS when client is inactive.
    You may also increase camera speed up to 40, because this is the default setting used by our developers.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

In order to answer your question, we have to dive a little into the technical side of the game.

When you enable “Limit FPS when client is inactive”, the resulting value is 3-4 times lower than the maximum allowed FPS.

• If the game is capped at 60 FPS, it will be limited to 18 FPS when inactive.
    • If the game is capped at 30 FPS, it will be limited to 11 FPS when inactive.
    • if the game is capped at 15 FPS, it will be limited to 8 FPS when inactive.

Since Miqobot doesn’t use code injections and doesn’t take away your mouse, she can only control your character with keyboard.
    Low FPS in combination with high camera speed result in fragmented movement which is very hard to control. It may cause some extreme behavior wherein Miqobot is unable to aim the camera at specific angle, because that particular angle is being skipped between frames. And if it happens several frames in a row, Miqobot will get stuck continuously jolting camera up and down.
    This behavior falls under the definition of “something went very wrong”, and therefore must trigger a kill switch.

You can easily reproduce this problem in the following way:

1. Set Camera Speed (Keyboard) to 100.
    2. Set FPS limit to 15.
    3. Enable “Limit frame rate when client is inactive”.

Now create a new scenario in Miqobot and try this:

vangle(-0.8)
    vangle(-0.4)
    vangle(-0.2)
    vangle(0)

Did Miqobot manage to align the camera correctly at each angle or did she get stuck at one of the functions?

The settings in this experiment are of course beyond the critical threshold and you would never use them during normal gameplay. However the problem is of random nature.
    In other words the closer your settings are to the critical threshold, the more likely this problem will occur. Depending on FPS and camera speed it may indeed take many hours of uninterrupted performance before it finally happens.

We apologize for the long and technical explanation, but it’s the only way to answer your question about why it happens only sometimes 🙂

Tara
    Participant

I am not sure why it is so high. But I probably had a reason to do it.
    I change it before I started to use Miqobot, iirc.

I’ll set it to 40, also I try it with 20FPS(MSI Afterburner Limit ) and 30FPS(Ingame Limit) too see if it works.

20 for when I play games and 30 when I am not on the PC.
    I will also try to set it to 60FPS to see if it works, when the other 2 fail.

Im going to report as soon as possible.
    I am going to start with 30 FPS.

Tara
    Participant

Since Miqobot doesn’t use code injections and doesn’t take away your mouse, she can only control your character with keyboard.
    Low FPS in combination with high camera speed result in fragmented movement which is very hard to control. It may cause some extreme behavior wherein Miqobot is unable to aim the camera at specific angle, because that particular angle is being skipped between frames. And if it happens several frames in a row, Miqobot will get stuck continuously jolting camera up and down.
    This behavior falls under the definition of “something went very wrong”, and therefore must trigger a kill switch.

Oh! This could be the reason, why it doesn’t work. When I don’t change the FPS Limit to 60 and when the actual game window is inactive.

What happens when I doesn’t cap the FPS and let it go over 60FPS and then click off of FFXIV so the game is inactive?

That happens:

(16:00:51) (SCENARIO) Started:
    (16:00:51) ‘New Scenario’
    (16:00:51) Chapter: 1
    (16:00:52) Turning camera to vertical angle: -0.80
    (16:00:52) Turning camera to vertical angle: -0.40
    (16:01:12) Oh noes, I couldn’t reach the destination in time. I guess I’m stuck here. 🙁
    (16:01:12) Time/Estimate: 20.0140/20.0000
    (16:01:12) Poking creatures in the woods… Good night! <3
    (16:01:12) (NOTE) Kill switch is triggered.
    (16:01:12) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.

Doesn’t work on 60FPS Inactive also.

///

It works, when the speed is set to 40

(16:02:42) (SCENARIO) Started:
    (16:02:42) ‘New Scenario’
    (16:02:42) Chapter: 1
    (16:02:43) Turning camera to vertical angle: -0.80
    (16:02:43) Turning camera to vertical angle: -0.40
    (16:02:43) Turning camera to vertical angle: -0.20
    (16:02:44) Turning camera to vertical angle: 0.00
    (16:02:44) (SCENARIO) Chapter 1 complete.
    (16:02:44) (SCENARIO) Full scenario is complete! 😀

It works with 60FPS Inactive & 30FPS Inactive, but not with 15FPS Inactive.

Also sorry for the doublepost and multiple edits.
    I forgot that there is a FPS Counter Ingame :’D So I could test it with no FPS Limit myself – It still limits at 16-18FPS, doesn’t matter if the Game is set to 60FPS or uncapped.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  Tara.

Tara
    Participant

Seems to work now! I will let you now, when somethings wrong.

But for now, it seems to be fixed.

Camera Speed to 40
    FPS to 60 so that I get mroe FPS when the game is inactive

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for letting us know very much!

We will plan an additional review of the navigation module and research the possibility of supporting higher Camera Speed values.
    In the meantime, please try to avoid extreme FPS and Camera Speed settings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.