Issues with Ninjutsu in Combat Assist

Forum Forums Discussion Issues with Ninjutsu in Combat Assist

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TheZanno 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TheZanno
    Participant

So something I have noticed when testing out combat assist is that it quite regularly messes up Ninjutsu now. Especially if you are adjusting the camera it will commonly do a double input of the same mudra and cause you to summon the bunny. I have tested this on both a striking dummy and in actual fights and it happens at a surprisingly high frequency. Is it possible during the combat update something went wrong with ninja and it now messes these up a lot?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

There are multiple factors that may cause this problem.
    Since Miqobot doesn’t use code injections, she has a limited number of tools to track the correct Mudra sequence. These factors were always present and the GCD queueing algorithm has of course introduced additional restrictions.

First of all, would you please clarify, what keybinds have you assigned to each of the Mudra actions?

TheZanno
    Participant

sure my current keybinds are Shift+1 for Ten Shift+2 for Chi and Shift+3 for Jin and Shift+4 for the actual Ninjutsu

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing the requested information.
    In this case, please try removing the Shift modifier from Mudra keybinds.

The problem is caused by the fact that Miqobot can not send a composite keybind instantly, because the game requires a delay for it to be registered. On average, it takes about 250-500 milliseconds more to send a Shift shortcut versus a single key shortcut. And since the Mudra cooldown is only 0.5 seconds, the most likely outcome is that the cooldown animation completes before Miqobot has a chance to notice it.
    Thus, for Miqobot it looks like the Mudra action wasn’t triggered and she tries to activate it again.

You can find additional information about this problem in our Keybinds and Icons Recognition guide.

This is why we recommend to have all the most important skills to be mapped to the shortest shortcut possible.

TheZanno
    Participant

so that did catch it though with any other class its never been an issue for me so didn’t even think about it especially being she normally casts then at cooldown end I assumed she was queuing it correctly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.