Island Gathering

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Island Gathering

This topic contains 21 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  VoidDreamer 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Pujin
    Pujin
    Participant
    1+

Yay! Miqobot working. Island gathering is pretty easy to set up, I formed a new grid and set it running. Works with any character, same as normal gathering. They do run around a bit, but it’s good in general. Zoom the camera all the way out.

Lukaribro
    Participant
    2+

Wonderful! There’s a few island things I want but I just don’t have the time to do it myself unless it’s on the side with some rare downtime of my own, so I’ve been hoping there will be an ultra lazy version using Miqo scenarios eventually.

Do you plan to share your grid/preset that you’ve (somehow already, wow) made once you’ve got it finalized in a way that you like?

And as a little off-topic aside of an opinion question, does Miqo seem to be running noticeably smoother than before this most recent update? It could be from any number of things or even localized to just something with my PC (which I haven’t made any changes to, so I don’t think that’s likely), but just little things (especially crafting) seem to have much smoother timings like less wait per automatic input. It’s only something like instead of 1 second per menu movement, it’s 0.5 seconds instead, but added up for the tens of thousands of times it’s doing that per week on me, it’s going to improve efficiency dramatically. There was nothing in the status post update about such an upgrade, so I’m curious if anyone else familiar with Miqo is noticing the same or not.

Pujin
    Pujin
    Participant

This is a rough Island Quartz script, for the top of the mountain. I just made it to test if it will work or not, i’ll make some more when I get time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Just!cE
    Just!cE
    Participant
    1+

And as a little off-topic aside of an opinion question, does Miqo seem to be running noticeably smoother than before this most recent update? It could be from any number of things or even localized to just something with my PC (which I haven’t made any changes to, so I don’t think that’s likely), but just little things (especially crafting) seem to have much smoother timings like less wait per automatic input. It’s only something like instead of 1 second per menu movement, it’s 0.5 seconds instead, but added up for the tens of thousands of times it’s doing that per week on me, it’s going to improve efficiency dramatically. There was nothing in the status post update about such an upgrade, so I’m curious if anyone else familiar with Miqo is noticing the same or not.

I think you may be right. I ran Miqo for a little bit just now and it seems as though Miqo is scrolling through menus much faster.

Mari
    Participant

I am working on a few navigation maps. Right now I have: Tree Route (Apples/Logs/Palm/Pumpkin Seeds), Mountain Route (Iron, Leucogranite, Quartz), Rock Salt Route (Rock Salt + a few incidentals that Miqo insists on picking up), Shoreline Route (Hemp, Trees).

When I finish my underwater map i’ll post them.

The only issues I note so far: Because there’s so many gathering spots, it’s a little hard to set up a “loop” getting just the items you want. Miqo will decide to sprint 50 yards to a tree sometimes, or run into a mountainside until giving up because she desperately wanted the shiny node up the hill she can’t climb.

I would suggest adding “Use Island Sprint” to the options and a “strict” mode where Miqo’s detection radius is reduced so she can only go after items directly on your route.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Mari.

Mari
    Participant
    1+

Attached are my initial navigation meshes.

I did not add travel from spawn/home base to these meshes so you’ll need to move yourself to the proper area before starting them.

I let each one run for 10-20m to check for issues. Most common issue is Miqo attempting to gather something far off her path and getting stuck. I have tried to account for these situations in the meshes and I am not seeing her get stuck anymore.

Island – Riverside (Palm Trees, Regular Trees, Apple Trees, Pumpkin Seeds) – Right outside basecamp next to the river
    Island – Shore (Hemp, Incidental trees, dirt spots) – Eastern Shoreline
    Island – Mountain (Iron, Leucogranite, Quartz) – Eastern mountain path
    Island – Caverns (Rock Salt + incidentals to reset rock salt spawns) – Moves between the 2 rock Salt caves
    Island – Undersea (Squid, Laver, Coral, Jellyfish) – Underwater off the eastern shore

edit: these routes expect you to have flying unlocked. These routes are not perfect and probably inefficient. If you are looking to max out materials to trade for Green cowries, the underwater route is probably the fastest farming

Attachments:
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I would suggest adding “Use Island Sprint” to the options

Have you tried putting the Duty Action of sprint on hotbar? The icon looks the same so chances are Miqo will pick it up. She can use hotbars only so it should be there for her to see.

Miqo will decide to sprint 50 yards to a tree sometimes, or run into a mountainside until giving up because she desperately wanted the shiny node up the hill she can’t climb.

That would be max branch distance. Set it to 5 or something dont let her run around with 50.
    Nice routes by the way!

Mari
    Participant

Ohh good notes! I had no idea that’s what that setting did.

Haven’t tried that with Isle sprint, but I also dont wanna have to manually swap my sprints around for the island, so most of the route nodes are set to mount/fly. Probably less efficient mounting between every node compared to sprinting, but I will work on that another time

Mari
    Participant

So, I decided to handle the sprint issue with a macro.

/micon “Sprint”
    /merror off
    /gaction “Duty Action I” <me>
    /merror on
    /ac “Sprint” <me>

This will use your duty action in areas with a duty action… sooo… keep that in mind.

It’ll try to Isle sprint & regular sprint, but will only show an error if regular Sprint throws one (i.e if on CD). Miqo will use this by setting the icon to sprint.

Mari
    Participant
    3+

So because I’m obsessive, I’ve mapped out meshes for… everything.

Areas:
    Island – Riverside (Palm Trees, Regular Trees, Apple Trees, Pumpkin Seeds) – Right outside basecamp next to the river
    Island – Shore (Hemp, Incidental trees, dirt spots) – Eastern Shoreline
    Island – Mountain (Iron, Leucogranite, Quartz) – Eastern mountain path, Iron focused
    Island – Caverns (Rock Salt + incidentals to reset rock salt spawns) – Moves between the 2 rock Salt caves
    Island – East Undersea (Squid, Laver, Coral, Jellyfish) – Underwater off the eastern shore
    Island – Mountaintop (Quartz, Leucogranite, Iron) – Very fast, Quartz focused.
    Island – North Undersea (Clam, Islefish, Laver, Squid) – Underwater off northern shore
    Island – Seeds (Cabbage, Parsnip, Popoto seeds) – Central to South eastern area

Focused Loops:
    Apples
    Copper
    Sugarcane
    Cotton
    Limestone/Sand
    Clay/Sand

I’ve updated the branch distance. Loops are 11-12/ish items to make sure Miqo has a little leeway on navigation. Routes should loop indefinitely, but could probably be optimized. Early meshes are all flying but later meshes include running, replace sprint with Duty Action 1 and Miqo will use it while on the isle.

Attachments:

necrocorey
    Participant

To be clear, without flying these simply won’t work, right? I was hoping to use miqo in order to upgrade my island rank, and it looks like you need Rank 10 to get flying.

Mari
    Participant

the underwater ones would probably work, since everyone can ‘fly’ underwater. The ones above the water will probably get stuck places sometimes, you could adjust the pathing and make it work for you

edgedy
    Participant

I love you all. <3

dragondadster
    dragondadster
    Participant

Thank you for your hardwork.
    I’ve been testing these 20 minutes each, so far to report that the apple route when it completes a loop back to Tree 2, it sometimes gets stuck and requires the user to go closer to an active node for it to pick up

Edit: Made an extra node near the mahogany tree left of 2 and it fixed the loop issue i was having

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by dragondadster dragondadster. Reason: I'm dumb
    Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

Found the answer to the sprint issue. Assign a keybind for Duty Actions 1 (I have mine set as F11) and have miqo press that key. Here’s an example:

grid(LimeStone Copper)

waypoint(1)
    key(f11)
    gather()

waypoint(2)
    gather()

waypoint(5)
    gather()
    key(f11)

Photo attached to find it in menus.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.