Is there a way to bot longer than 90 mins?

Forum Forums Discussion Is there a way to bot longer than 90 mins?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by MrBotteur MrBotteur 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    MrBotteur
    MrBotteur
    Participant

Hi, I’m not sure if there is a hidden setting, but I can’t seem to find out how to fish for longer than 90 minutes as I can’t input 3 digits into the time box.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

FFXIV servers track the time you spend fishing in one spot, and will prevent you to continue to fish there if you stay longer than around 45min, you’ll get from the game the message that fishes got suspicious and won’t bite any more, forcing you to move to another spot.

And if you keep reaching that limit in the same area, you’ll have to go fish one time in a new area to reset that timer.

That’s why Miqobot prevent you to enter numbers that will for sure trigger that FFXIV protection.

You can create scenarios where you will fish for 40m in one spot, and then make your character to move to another spot and continue to fish, avoiding completely the game protection.
    You can really create very elaborated scenarios for fishing, it’s very handy.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    1+

To reset the timer for fishing you only need to cast once in another zone. Use a scenario like Carl suggested

MrBotteur
    MrBotteur
    Participant

Alright sounds good.

I tried setting up a scenario, one for my current leveling fishing hole, and another to reset the timer.. but when I hit run scenario it just says scenario completed. Not sure how to set it up.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Show us your scenario…

MrBotteur
    MrBotteur
    Participant

Oh I think I figured it out. I was looking for documentation on how to program it, but I found the “?”

so far so good..

scenariothing

so the idea here is after 45 minutes I move to X waypoint, startFishing, and then after another 45 mins I move back to the first spot.

I think it looks good, right?

MrBotteur
    MrBotteur
    Participant

For some reason it did not attach to my previous reply, this should work

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Yeah, but put 44min or 40 to be safe.

You can attach your grid to an Aetherite, make the char change job, make it repair before starting, make it select a fisher preset, make it select a bait, and then when you specify waypoints, you can insert there which grid to use.

For example :

teleport(Onokoro)
    changeJob(FSH)
    repair()
    selectFishPreset(my-red-scrips-fsh-preset)
    changeBait(TĂȘte dansante)
    goToWaypoint(15, my-fsh-grid)
    startFishing(44)
    goToWaypoint(14, my-fsh-grid)
    startFishing(44)
    return()
    MrBotteur
    MrBotteur
    Participant

That’s interesting. What is a ‘grid’ ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.