Is a crafting scenario for Expert crafts possible?

Forum Forums Discussion Is a crafting scenario for Expert crafts possible?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by LutBot LutBot 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Scientia
    Participant
    1+

Hello,

I’m well aware that the crafting solver is the major update of the next release, and we are all patiently awaiting its implementation.

In the meantime, I was curious if it was possible to setup some sort of prioritization scenario that, even with only a 25% success rate, can be useful for Ishgardian expert crafts?

I guess the major question is, can Miqobot detect if the current condition is Pliant, Centered, and Sturdy, or can it only detect Good, Excellent, Normal, Poor?

I would like to setup something simple like

Muscle Memory
    Veneration
    Rapid (until success) -> if fail 3 times, quit craft.
    After success, careful, careful, Final, careful
    IQ

and then from there, if normal pop Observe
    if Pliant pop Manipulation
    if pliant while manip is up use WN2
    if pliant up when WN2 and Man up, us Prep touch
    if sturdy up, use HT
    if centered up, use ST
    when CP hits 74, Innovate -> GS -> BG -> Basic

I’m not sure how complex you can get with the scenarios, but I don’t think an algorithm is necessary for this? Just a flow chart basically, that uses different skills based on what you’re presented with (considering other factors), rather than calculating in advance what will grant the highest rate of success.

If this is possible with the current Miqobot, please let me know!

If not… guess it’s back to manual crafting.

On a side note, I know there’s currently any ETA, but what do you think the odds are of the new crafting solver being added before 5.3? I’m working on the 100 expert crafts for 2nd phase of restoration achievements (for all 8 crafters), so I definitely need to do it before 5.3, but man is it a slog.

Thanks in advance!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

In the meantime, I was curious if it was possible to setup some sort of prioritization scenario that, even with only a 25% success rate, can be useful for Ishgardian expert crafts?

No, conditional statements are not supported by Scenario Engine.

I guess the major question is, can Miqobot detect if the current condition is Pliant, Centered, and Sturdy, or can it only detect Good, Excellent, Normal, Poor?

No, Miqobot can not detect special conditions from Expert recipes.

On a side note, I know there’s currently any ETA, but what do you think the odds are of the new crafting solver being added before 5.3? I’m working on the 100 expert crafts for 2nd phase of restoration achievements (for all 8 crafters), so I definitely need to do it before 5.3, but man is it a slog.

Please do not plan your gameplay around unreleased Miqobot features.
    Crafting Solver is a very complex system, and it’s impossible to provide any kind of reliable estimate. If you wait until Miqobot is updated, you might end up wasting the opportunity to get achievements due to the recipes being removed from the game.

Scientia
    Participant

Absolutely. Thanks for the quick response! I figured it was worth asking anyways.

Back to the grind then. Thank you so much for everything you do.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Scientia.

iifetap
    Participant

Use. Macros. Stop. Using. The Solver.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    2+

Use. Macros. Stop. Using. The Solver.

Macros are ass for expert synths. Why can’t people grasp that?

edgedy
    Participant

What’s the macro for expert?

Arc
    Arc

There is no macro for expert recipes.
    Macros do not work on Expert Recipes.
    There is not even a single possible combination of all crafting skills that can give you the minimum 4500 collectability and finish the recipe, even if you have the absolutely perfect BiS melds. It is 100% dependent on RNG (the conditions) and using this RNG correctly.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

There is no macro for expert recipes.
    Macros do not work on Expert Recipes.
    There is not even a single possible combination of all crafting skills that can give you the minimum 4500 collectability and finish the recipe, even if you have the absolutely perfect BiS melds. It is 100% dependent on RNG (the conditions) and using this RNG correctly.

But there is. Its just complete ass, like I said. You need to baby sit it (it has a “10% chance to fail” which means that you have to manually take over because the synth wont complete. I tweaked it so it’d finish the synth or fail it, but even still, you’d end up with 5/10 collectables with barely enough collectability to turn in. Its decent if all you’re after is the “turn in 100 expert synths” achievement, but ass if you’re after the mount.

I got my mount a few weeks ago, but still looking forward to see how miqo tackles these recipes.

Scientia
    Participant

Mind sharing the macros? I’m only after the achievements for 100 turn ins, so just barely meeting the minimum is fine for me. Low success rate is fine too, as I have pleeeenty of spare mats leftover.

Thanks in advance!

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Mind sharing the macros? I’m only after the achievements for 100 turn ins, so just barely meeting the minimum is fine for me. Low success rate is fine too, as I have pleeeenty of spare mats leftover.

Thanks in advance!

I havent tested this particular macro.. the same youtuber had something similar that’d complete the synth 8/10 times but I cant find it atm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.