Intermittently stops moving while holding W

Forum Forums Discussion Intermittently stops moving while holding W

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nott 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Nott
    Participant

The only annoyance I have while using the combat assist is that intermittently, while running, it stops moving me forward while holding W. This most commonly happens while playing Bard but I’ve seen it on other jobs too. I have to release and re-press the W key to move again. I figured it might be a modifier key blocking it but I’ve tested that. Alt+W, Shift+W, Ctrl+W, all still have me moving forward…so, I don’t know what this is and it’s too intermittent to really do more testing.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!
    We believe we have identified the bug.

The moment it is most likely happening is when the enemy in your target dies. This is when the combat AI finalizes the movement logic.
    Would you please try to enable “Blind Positionals” in Assist Mode settings, does it alleviate the issue?

Nott
    Participant

I’ve enabled it now but will take a bit to determine if it is gone.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

If it still doesn’t help and you encounter this behavior again, then please verify that you have no keybind conflicts with W key.
    For example, if you assign Alt+W to a hotbar icon, then it is physically impossible to press W and Alt+W at the same time. Only one action will be registered by the game and it will automatically deactivate any movement.

Nott
    Participant

Yes, I think I’ve run into that binding problem before and made sure it wasn’t the issue before posting about it.

I’ve run through PotD a few times and haven’t seen it. Hesitant to say its truly gone but, not seeing it right now.

Nott
    Participant

Nevermind, it is still there and it was on a mob death. Super intermittent.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for confirming that it’s not related to “Blind Positionals” setting.
    Would you also please verify whether your character is casting anything at this moment?

Nott
    Participant

Yes, very likely was casting Firestarter proc or Scathe. Was deliberately trying to set this off.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We have managed to reproduce your problem. We will try to address this issue in the next beta version of Miqobot.
    Thank you for your assistance very much!

Nott
    Participant

I’m glad it isn’t just me. BTW, I’ve seen it happen now while outside of combat, with Transpose. It happens on instant or longer casts obviously.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing additional information.
    We were able to reproduce it only for long casting spells, but we could not identify any issues with instant spells like Transpose. It appears there is a second trigger for this bug as well.

Would you please locate your KEYBIND.DAT and HOTBAR.DAT in the game configuration folder and upload them for further investigation? (Don’t forget to archive the files beforehand.)
    Config File Names and Descriptions (reddit guide)

Thank you very much!

Nott
    Participant

Sent via email.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you very much!
    Unfortunately we couldn’t reproduce the issue with Transpose using your keybind settings.

We can see, however, that you have not removed Chat keybinds as we instructed in the guide on Assist Mode. There are two potential keybind conflicts which can be triggered when Miqobot presses Alt to access actions on your hotbar.

But they are not related to W key and therefore can not cause this problem.
    If there is any additional information about other keys you have problem with, please let us know.

Nott
    Participant

Interesting, I can’t think of any issues I’ve had with chat at all but I also don’t chat during combat (via text at least). I mean it’s kinda impossible to do with the UI off anyway, haha. 🙂

I probably did the changes on my main but, since this is an alt whose keybinds/bars/macros were copied from my main long ago, I likely forgot about making the changes on this one.

Anyway, the Transpose problem only happened a few times while leveling from 51-60 with BLM in PotD, so it is also very infrequent. I mean like 4 runs per level? Nine levels…it was a lot of PotD, haha.

Hopefully, whatever issue you have found with long casts will fix it as well? For the long casts, I definitely saw the longer casts “canceling” causing the problem much more frequently. With them, I could switch to the combat log and see something about Fire being stopped/interrupted or something right as I couldn’t move. There’s nothing you can look at for instants though, other than it being used. I mean there’s nothing else but Transpose that it’s casting out of combat, so I have to assume it was that.

Regardless, I see both issues as merely an annoyance that is both rare and easily overcome, as-is.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.