I am being followed feature

Forum Forums Discussion I am being followed feature

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc

Yoho, here I am again with a feature idea.

So, the thing is, I’m using Viperbot for the Elder Scrolls Online for farming mats like with Miqo in FFXIV and I came across a pretty neat feature, I’m actually missing in Miqo:

In Viper you can activate a player detection option that tracks if you’re being followed by a player. You can set the detection range as well as a timer for how long a player has to stay within the detection range for the bot to trigger the “I am being followed” flag. When this happens, the bot automatically pauses all its action for a set amount of time (2 minutes by default).
    It can also detect, if you’re getting a whisper and then gives a Text-to-Speech callout, so you notice both the whisper and the being followed.
    Also, there is an auto-logout option, when someone is following you for another set time (like let’s say someone is following you for 30s, the bot stops. If that person then stays for let’s say 2 minutes within your detection range, the bot logs out of the game).

Such a feature would be pretty nice to have in Miqo.
    Of course using this while botfarming in a crowded area wouldn’t be very effective as Miqo would stop every few seconds, but miqo farming in a crowded area isn’t something you should do anyway. Still, for less crowded areas it would be nice to have at least a pause when being followed for a set amount of time feature.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Arc Arc.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This is a very good idea πŸ™‚

However we will have to think about this a little longer before we decide on the exact algorithm. It wouldn’t be very nice for Miqobot to stop at every Unspoiled node just because there are players around mining the same node.
    This feature should probably be limited for common gathering as it’s the only Miqobot activity that involves navigation in a small area for extended amount of time. There is still a risk of detecting a normal player who is simply farming the same mats, so it has to be thoroughly designed in order to be useful in Final Fantasy environment.

Thank you for your request very much!

Arc
    Arc

Yes, I agree. I think the easiest solution would be to put in a switch to toggle “player detection” and people then can decide themselves if they want to take the risk or not πŸ™‚

And you’re welcome πŸ™‚
    Always thinking of new ways to make this Quality of Life addon (which is the more accurate description for Miqobot in my opinoin) even better :3

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Those are just suggestions based on how I’m using Miqobot, but I don’t feel I need a player detection like this, on the other hand I would find the following things useful:

If there’s a player from my friend list gathering next to me, I would like to target them and do a programmed emote at them, as this is what I do when I play manually. This would need to put that friend in a temporary session list to avoid doing the emote again at the next unspoiled node for example.

A TTS alert if someone do an emote to me, or speak in /say next to me. For the rest, LS, FC, tells, I have sounds already set up and will immediately check the game.

But really, all this, only if there’s really nothing left to work on for Miqobot, and only if they’re easy enough things to implement, and don’t require resources to maintain through patches.

neoseeker
    Participant

Imo making a private, complex and with randomness grid is much more effective than implement this.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I agree, that’s why I built all my grids myself, I didn’t made them efficient, I made them believable.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

If there’s a player from my friend list gathering next to me, I would like to target them and do a programmed emote at them, as this is what I do when I play manually. This would need to put that friend in a temporary session list to avoid doing the emote again at the next unspoiled node for example.

A TTS alert if someone do an emote to me, or speak in /say next to me. For the rest, LS, FC, tells, I have sounds already set up and will immediately check the game.

Yes, we remember your request for extended chat log analysis system πŸ™‚

We remember all feature requests.
    As soon as we catch up with the core development, we will revisit each one and will do our best to improve our users experience as much as possible.

Thank you for your feedback very much!

Xodus
    Participant

Imo making a private, complex and with randomness grid is much more effective than implement this.

How do you go about introducing randomness to a grid?

YandeRainy
    Participant

Maybe a scenario command could be added to address the issues with things like Unspoiled nodes? So that way you could set up a scenario with something like:

//Trilium - 5:00
    teleport(Hawthorne)
    gatherPreset(cordial mats+)
    >followCheck(False)<

job(BTN)
    grid(RosemaryTrillium+)
    randomWaypoint(25,31,32)
    afkUntil(5:00ET)
    gather(1)

//Aloe - always
    teleport(Little Ala Mhigo)
    gatherPreset(aloe+)
    >followCheck(true)<

job(BTN)
    grid(Aloe+)
    waypoint(17)
    >followCheck(false)<
    gather(4)

The idea being that in the scenario, you define whether or not it’s active. In this example, it teleports to an unspoiled node, waits, and doesn’t check for other players because you expect them to be nearby. However, this hypothetical also turns it on during the travel time to the waypoint specified in order to check if someone is following during your travel time, which is much less common.

That way it’s up to the individual to create scenarios to check to see if they’re being followed in places that don’t make sense to just stumble on others with. Just my two cents.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Just a few days before the patch ive been farming normal mats and there were two other miners at the same spot. While we moved by different pathways we arrived almost at the same node each time. Imo it looked completely normal. It would be more suspicious if my character suddenly stopped just because somebody else is grinding nearby.

This is how gathering is designed in this game. Running in circles over and over again. Just a silly game design nothing you can do about it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.