how to get the bot to buy items?

Forum Forums Grids and Presets how to get the bot to buy items?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Moonlet Moonlet 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

powder
    Participant

hi, im kinda new to editing scripts. i have a script that farms purple scripts and it goes to radz periodically to unload the mats, but i would like to edit it to buy the aethersand, the same ones used to craft the sunset carrot nibbles, so that i dont hit the 4k cap. i dont really know how to do this.

any help is appreciated thanks

Moonlet
    Moonlet
    Participant

I feel like if miqobot could work the market board, that would be like playing with fire. Unless it was able to use retainers to also sell things. Because if the bot could just buy things willynilly for crafting scenarios, it would clear out so much market inventory and reagents. SE and the average players would really not like this, I think. There are other problems with this, like preventing it from wasting all of your gil on a single oak log someone listed for 70 million gil, and creating more scalpers who want to take advantage of the situation. There would most likely be so much work and overhead needed, and probably wouldn’t be the best idea to implement as a feature of miqobot, since there are so many things that already require fixing/updating whenever there is an update to the game.

It might work if it could sync with a database or something, similar to what miqocrafter does, and maybe used some sort of AI. But I still feel like this would backfire in many ways. I’m not hating on your idea at all, that was all just my two cents and speculation on the idea from when I asked myself that very same question.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Moonlet Moonlet.
    Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

I haven’t ever used scenarios to buy anything from vendors like you are asking.. BUT I swear I read a thread somewhere in the scenarios listing/discussions that someone made one that allows for running with squadrens, turning in the loot for seals, then buy ventures(? maybe) or something from the GC so to prevent GC seal cap. I could be wrong though. It might be worth browsing through it though.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Nowlflr Nowlflr.
    Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

This thread may be able to give you some direction on how to go about it.

powder
    Participant

not the market. using the vendor.

miqo can navigate things like repairing, queing for duties and turning in items, so im sure it would be able to buy static npc items. i just dunno the commands

Moonlet
    Moonlet
    Participant

Oh my apologies. For whatever reason I thought I saw mention of Market Board in your original post.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.