How to create a scenario?

Forum Forums Discussion How to create a scenario?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aikenkashih 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

Hello! I’m super new and just downloaded today. I was most interested in the ability to check all 10 retainers, and reassign which I’ve done by importing a scenario from another thread. My other interest is to be able to craft/refine EW mats in HQ in bulk. I have an in game macro for it but would like to tell it to craft 30 at a time. When I looked under crafting, it says it’s not updated for EW yet (wouldn’t really understand how to use this anyhow but seems intuitive). So, is there a way to create a scenario to do this? If so, could someone point me to a guide to how to create scenarios so I know what to imput what, where, and why? Note: I don’t need the gathering part.. just crafting. Many thanks in advance.

Naiya
    Naiya
    Participant
    3+

I have some crafting macros and I chuckled when I saw “in bulk” and “30 at a time” but I digress. you *can* create scenarios for crafting and if you’re savvy enough, you can use the new abilities but it takes you putting them on your bar *and* manually inputting the abilities yourself. For instance. I will share with you my macro for pumpkin potage as it exists in Miqo

1,2,8,3,9,9,4,5,5,5,5,4,6,7,=
    (ETA: You can just find teamcraft scenarios, put the abilities on your bar in order and then slap the numbers into MiQo and BAM instant crafting macro)

To create a crafting ONLY scenario
    – go to the crafting tab and enter the macro into the “Macro” section
    – Enter the count (in this case 30) into the count section
    – choose repair if you want (I always do)
    – Save it as new and choose an intelligent name (I called mine “Pumpkin Potage” clever, I know)
    – Repeat this step if you have precrafts that require a second macro

NOW, go to the scenario section
    This is where things get fun. this is the last step of my pumpkin potage scenario

//This section crafts the precrafts. In this case, Northern Sea Salt

craftMacro(Northern Sea Salt) //chooses the craft macro we just created
    nqhq() //chooses between NQ and HQ, I leave it empty because my macro is all HQ all the time.
    reclaimOff() //don’t know but I’ve always left this here
    // Northern Sea Salt [Crafted] – CUL – Level 81
    setCraftCollect(off) //because some of the crafts are collectables and I don’t want this one to be
    job(CUL) //changes my job to Culinarian
    recipe(Northern Sea Salt) //chooses the recipe I need
    craft(23) //tells miqo to craft 23 of them
    repair() //Tells Miqo to repair after the recipe is complete.

craftMacro(Pumpkin Potage)
    nqhq()
    reclaimOff()
    // Pumpkin Potage [Crafted] – CUL – Level 90
    setCraftCollect(off)
    job(CUL)
    recipe(Pumpkin Potage)
    craft(34)
    repair()

Because Pumpkin potage is right after the precraft, Miqo will run from one craft to another one right after another. In my full scenarios, I often gather everything (including crystals) craft and repair. I rarely craft less than 100 things manually and tend to use MiQo when I’m doing mass crafts (greater than 1000 crafts at a time)

Hope this helps!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Naiya Naiya.

aikenkashih
    Participant

Hello Naiya, thank you for the tips! I just have one question, what do you mean when you say “enter the macro in the “Macro” section”? as in the macro name? Or…

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.