How often should you babysit the bot?

Forum Forums Discussion How often should you babysit the bot?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by captainblunt captainblunt 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BusterD
    Participant

Should you always try to keep an eye on it just in case people whisper you or are you safe enough leaving it for like 30 min e.g trip to the shop and just let it bot while you are gone. How often do people whisper to you if they see you gathering

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

I think it depends on how many friends you have ^^ From my experience random people usually not trying to interact with you, it only can happen if you have plenty of friends/very talkative fc members. But even here you always can tell that was so absorbed by gathering that haven’t noticed chat, etc 😛

BusterD
    Participant

Gotcha, thanks once again! ^.^

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Botting is very much a crap shoot. If you think for one moment leaving it alone might draw unwanted attention, it’s best not to. I highly recommend never leaving it unattended. I usually do my botting while I’m watching videos or playing ffxi or something on the second monitor. When I see random people walk and and interact with me I stop the bot right away.

Ai hit the nail on the head. If you have a lot of friends or your FC is very popular, it may be a bit of a hindrance when all you want to do is mine up some cobalt.

Leaving any bot unattended while you sleep is a bad idea in general. Luckily Miqobot is extremely hard for system detection since is uses keyboard only commands. However, real people can tell it’s a bot by it’s movement. Luckily it’s not nearly as obvious as a teleport hack bot where characters appear underground, vanish and re-appear elsewhere, or somehow summon multiple enemies in one spot that don’t belong in that zone just to murder them all.

As with any botting, you take your account into your own hands and are solely responsible for anything that happens. Stay smart and you’ll be fine.

Here’s one more tip when crafting – do it your personal chambers with the door locked. Have a company chest and repair NPC in your room, you can craft for days unattended and even sleep and no one can tell. If you’re crafting in say…Idle-shire, trust me, people can figure it out. -Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.