How does Combat assist work as a Healer?

Forum Forums Discussion How does Combat assist work as a Healer?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by sageomithas sageomithas 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Thiefrot
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been using the bot for the better part of two years now. Mostly for combat assist with my NIN and other DPS. Also to make chocobo racing easier along with leveling up DoL and DoH. One thing I have never done however is use a Healer class. I am not a healer type of player when it comes to games like this. However, The completionist in me wishes to get all my classes to max level which means I need to eventually work through the healer classes. I was wondering how Miqo handles these jobs when in combat? Will it control whos being healed and manage mana consumption? Or will it just spam heal spells with no control at all? Is the bot not really designed for this type of gameplay or are these things taken into consideration?

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated. I don’t want to just dive into it for fear of making myself look a fool and give away that im using something like Miqo.

Thank you.

Zenreus
    Participant
    2+

From my (very limited) experience it targets whoever is injured automatically with a heal spell/oGCD of relevant potency. Enemies targeted will get hit with dots and either single target damage or AoE depending on number. Worked pretty well on Astro, as it also automatically uses cards on the appropriate classes. Does not work well on Sage, as Miqo doesn’t seem to know how to use Eukrasia yet.

When in doubt, run a Trust or Squadron dungeon as healer first and see how well you do.

Diplomacu
    Participant
    1+

Right now it only supports the level 80 spells, I havent tried AST but it might be a tad bit broken due to changes, Sage surprisingly works a little bit you still have to press your own cooldowns but it manages fine.

Aslong as you have allow switching targets on just target the enemy and it will DPS till someone gets low then heal them.

Edit: Bear in mind, just like tanks it cant tell what the boss is about to do so it wont pre-emptively shield/defensive on tank busters etc.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Diplomacu.

Thiefrot
    Participant

Thank you both for the advice!

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    2+

Sage surprisingly works a little bit you still have to press your own cooldowns but it manages fine.

At the beginning sage had only few very basic skills.
    During the last patch I was able to add few more skills, but it’s far from having normal functionality yet. So I wouldn’t recommend to use it on assist mode while playing with other players. But squadron dungeons it should handle fine. There is enough skills to do damage and to keep trusts/squadrons alive.

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated. I don’t want to just dive into it for fear of making myself look a fool and give away that im using something like Miqo.

You already can lvl sage as well. You just will have to either stick to the dungeons that are in the Miqobot’s squadrons dungeon list or use assist mode only in dungeons with NPC’s, at high lvl dungeons you might need to help Miqo a bit with pressing few addititonal skills. As for the others healers they work fine on assist mode while playing with other players.

Thiefrot
    Participant

I’m embarrassed to say I’ve never used the squadron mode. I tried to mess with it the other day but I believe I am missing something. Seems I was able to run a trust and that worked very nicely but the lower level stuff that require it as squadrons don’t seem to work. I think there is a whole chuck of this game I’ve never touched if I’m missing a game mechanic somewhere.

silkrein
    Participant

If you haven’t even Unlocked squadron’s then just read through this Squadron’s
    It’s side Content Involving your Grand Company.
    The main thing you need would be Command Missions.

Side Note: The Bot Requires you to be in your company barracks to run the “Squadron” option Auto.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  silkrein.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  silkrein.
    PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant

Do not use WHM after lv80 unless doing w/Squadrons/Trusts. Other players will figure you out real fast since none of the lv81+ spells are used in combat assist. Some of the spells are essential, I tried it once and luckily lagging out was my excuse.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

WHM has 4 lv81+ spells. Miqo uses both Glare3 and Holy3 at 82.

Aquaveil is tankbuster mitigation, Liturgy is raidwide mitigation. Both require damage prediction and Miqo doesnt do that on any job iirc. Theyre not really essential (besides savage) but they help if you use them at the right moment. So dont forget to click those two buttons manually and youre golden.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant

I use WHM on level 90 contents like expert roulette and pushing 2 skills that Lyfox mentioned manually, it’s working fine. I don’t do savage or extreme though.

cg303
    Participant

Now that Miqobot is back up and running. How well would I do running assist as a healer?

😾
    Participant

I know it have been a whole day since you made this comment,

But from my experience, running assist with a healer does well in any casual contents (excluding 81-90 since I am in ShB)

cg303
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me, if I run a roulette, it should work with me only doing the walking part? I would hate to wipe everyone lol

wanderlustwaves
    wanderlustwaves
    Participant

Combat assist in Miqo can assist healers by managing healing spells, prioritizing targets, and optimizing mana consumption. It is designed to handle healer gameplay effectively.

sageomithas
    sageomithas
    Participant

With having limited time and resources, have you thought about implementing open source code for your assist function? The Rotation Solver plugin by ArchiDog1998 has all the up to date skills, has an active discord and welcomes developer input.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.