How are you using Miqo?

Forum Forums Discussion How are you using Miqo?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by SirVG SirVG 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Xion
    Participant
    1+

Hey,

So been curious how you tackle using this helpful tool.
    I’m currently using it very carefully while leading a FC, but been thinking it a big risk getting caught or would be awkward if I would be, and been thinking of buying a second game license to use as a sock-account purely for botting.

flamesbob
    flamesbob
    Participant

I personally use it on my main because I don’t want to bother leveling up an alt account. My FC is pretty dead unless it is raid time though so I’m not as worried about getting caught by a fc member. With that being said I use it a lot on things I would normally be doing anyways and I just try to keep it running during hours I’m at the computer. I also use GOAT launcher (XIV Launcher) to allow for plugins. Then I set up the plugin that allows me to have messages sent to my discord from in game. If anyone sends me a tell or FC message I can read it and respond to it without constantly monitoring my game.

Uxhak
    Participant

I use Miqobot with a second account for 24/7 farming mostly. That one is in its own fc i created and basically is always gathering or crafting or spamming trusts.

On my main i use Miqobot on down time so I’m never not doing something But i keep it to things where people cant see me like trust or squadron or crafting. My FC is just a close group of friends who all already know im botting so it doesn’t matter to them, but they have asked that i dont wear our fc tag if im gonna bot open world so i just dont gather on my main.

Im specifically aiming to keep my whole fc stocked on currant tier food pots and gear for prog and Ultimate. Plus making gill with the excess. So no one really complains

nyancat
    Participant
    3+

I’m in a similar situation as flamesbob.

Adding to his response… I mostly use her while I’m at my PC but alt-tabbed or during remote work. Most of the use is for a relatively short 30 min gather-craft scenario. Each mat gathered is for only 5-20 turns. Prior to the craft chapter, she teleports to and enters my locked estate.

When going to sleep and not using that scenario, I set limits so she’ll work for up to 30 min max to minimize the risk window.

Miqobot really frees up my time to take care of other things (work, family, other hobbies) while staying productive in-game. I can also enjoy the game more because the burnout grindy parts (gathering, crafting, alt job leveling, MGP farming) are smartly automated at the press of a button.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

I only have one character/account, but I use Miqo just about whenever I craft so I get HQ, and also for looong gather grinds. I’ll go to some gather cluster and just harvest a thousand or so nodes while I’m tabbed out. I have sound alerts for anyone targeting me, sending a tell, or emoting at me, and I check back in every twenty-thirty minutes usually. Once I’ve a stack or two of the materials I wanted, I usually stop the gathering and move on.

Caveat, this is for level-grinding and making gil. I mass-gather with a survival manual, then I mass-craft with an engineering manual, then I hold onto materials I might use and sell off excess or stuff I don’t want on the markets. I never undercut by much, so I’m not crashing anything. Actually, since I always get HQ, I usually sell for a bit above the lowest market price.

Xion
    Participant

I personally use it on my main because I don’t want to bother leveling up an alt account. My FC is pretty dead unless it is raid time though so I’m not as worried about getting caught by a fc member. With that being said I use it a lot on things I would normally be doing anyways and I just try to keep it running during hours I’m at the computer. I also use GOAT launcher (XIV Launcher) to allow for plugins. Then I set up the plugin that allows me to have messages sent to my discord from in game. If anyone sends me a tell or FC message I can read it and respond to it without constantly monitoring my game.

That’s pretty much how I use it. A lot of crafting and gatherering. And always monitor Miqo on my 2nd monitor while I do something else, like playing a different game, watch movies, work etc. I try be careful but always back in my mind is worried about my account after playing for so many years lol.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

I got Miqobot for the sole purpose of house camping. I got sick of the pain in my hands from hours of non-stop clicking. Only other thing I’ve dabbled with so far is Chocobo racing, which it does a great job at! But I haven’t touched the crafting/gathering and such with it. I try to avoid using bots for the most part though because I enjoy playing the game myself. I feel more of a sense of accomplishment. And if it weren’t for the house camping literally hurting me I wouldn’t have gotten it at all. Only reason I dabbled in the choco racing is cause I had access to it since I already got the bot lol.

MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant
    1+

Combat Assist 99% of the time, 10% of the time Crafting solver.

Heliadin
    Heliadin
    Participant

I’ve been using it on my main for acheivement collection purposes with no issues. The only thing you have to really worry about is a navigation in a scenario going wrong in the Diadem, like for fishing, which will cause you to get stuck in place and then everyone can clearly see you’re botting.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant
    1+

Adding into my originating post…

I’m going to attempt to use it for some diadem gathering to earn some gil. I’m at work atm but maybe by later today after work someone will have gotten it to work properly.

Maybe if I set it to go all night and check up on it to make sure it isn’t wigging out I can make up for the loss while at work. Hopefully anyway.

Just finally figured out how to use navigation stuff last night lol.

Playa5550
    Participant

Adding into my originating post…

I’m going to attempt to use it for some diadem gathering to earn some gil. I’m at work atm but maybe by later today after work someone will have gotten it to work properly.

Maybe if I set it to go all night and check up on it to make sure it isn’t wigging out I can make up for the loss while at work. Hopefully anyway.

Just finally figured out how to use navigation stuff last night lol.

I’d advise against letting a day one scenario run overnight, it’s going to be untested and something a small as playing a larger race and using a larger mount can easily break things.

Dodger
    Participant

90% of my use is for Combat Assist. I would say another10% for gathering. I have tried using it for crafting and find it to be to unreliable for achieving HQ crafts. As a level 80 omnicrafter, anything lvl 70 and below I can HQ with two simple key presses, yet Miqo would rather try and figure out some convoluted rotation. I feel it also relies too much on procs for trying to achieve HQ on higher level crafts. Any serious crafter does not rely of procs to achieve HQ for their crafts. We simply see it as a bonus.

a
    Participant

for diademmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    and some other money making stuff :3

r51093
    r51093
    Participant

something a small as playing a larger race and using a larger mount can easily break things.

i have been useing miqobot for awhile now and i have to say i have never seen or heard of this before, are there any reference post’s?

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant

something a small as playing a larger race and using a larger mount can easily break things.

i have been useing miqobot for awhile now and i have to say i have never seen or heard of this before, are there any reference post’s?

Large mounts have definitely been an issue with Diadem farming, since some of the node positions are very particular and a small mount will have no issues but a large mount will. Miqobot isn’t like 100% following the lines (to look a bit more natural, I presume), which is why large mounts may break things.

Never seen anything in regards to large/small races though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.