Hottkey

Forum Forums Discussion Hottkey

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Zak 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Zak
    Participant

Is there a hotkey i can set up to automatically stop the farming/crafting i am doing so i can quickly stop and reply to an /tell i might get? instantly stopping when you get it might make it seem like you were the one farming/crafting and not a bot.

I am new to the bot and i dont plan to run it all the time(or for long periods at that) but ive read some stories where people did no respond to other players or gms quick enough and were report and then banned.

If there is a hotkey that will stop miqo in her place and allow you to type that would be awesome.

zgo63925
    Participant

Auto pause on opening chat is planned globally for all features.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I don’t think it’s as important as you describe it… Even if player farms manually, (s)he does not HAVE to answer immediately. One can have food/etc consumables ticking down, CPs ready to gather a collectable etc, so there is no surprise that one finishes his primary objective first, and answers to a random tell later.

Though, I’d really REALLY like a notification feature: player-defined sound played by Miqo every time you receive a tell! I’d set up a loud siren to have 101% chance to catch my attention even if I’m sleeping next to botting comp, hehe…

zgo63925
    Participant

Though, I’d really REALLY like a notification feature: player-defined sound played by Miqo every time you receive a tell! I’d set up a loud siren to have 101% chance to catch my attention even if I’m sleeping next to botting comp, hehe…

Yeah I would love this too, I mean i guess I could do something like this by parsing logfiles, you could use ACT and write a plugin that plays aloud warning on certain log entries (PM from GM for example).

zgo63925
    Participant

@gray

Just checked, setting up a custom trigger is easy, I would just need an example GM message to match the regular expression.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I would just need an example GM message to match the regular expression.

I wonder if someone here was contacted by a GM and survived to tell the tale 😉

zgo63925
    Participant

I would just need an example GM message to match the regular expression.

I wonder if someone here was contacted by a GM and survived to tell the tale 😉

Welp, if you are interested, I used screenshots and setup ACT to play a siren alarm at 300% volume whenever it parses /[GM/] which seems to be their tag.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  zgo63925.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Hmm… btw, does ACT read log of all instances of the game, or just a single instance? I mean, in case of single instance you will have to launch not just as many instances of Miqo as you’ve got farming accounts running at the same time, but also as many ACTs. This is the reason I’d rather really like to see this feature built-in the bot itself…

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

One instance, you have to specify which one.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Thanks! So using ACT is not really smart idea in case you’ve got a decent farm… I hope Miqo team prioritizes this request over most of others, as it’s goddamn “life or death” question (for an account, at least).

zgo63925
    Participant

Thanks! So using ACT is not really smart idea in case you’ve got a decent farm… I hope Miqo team prioritizes this request over most of others, as it’s goddamn “life or death” question (for an account, at least).

The product is not aimed as farms so no, no priority, also ACT is not powerhugry, you have to deal with alot of Miqo instances anyway.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

you have to deal with alot of Miqo instances anyway.

This is exactly the reason! Imagine: 8 windows of the game, plus 8 windows of Miqo, plus 8 windows of ACT on top of that, just to handle tells from GMs – I just run out of Windows taskbar space %)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Gray Gray.

Zak
    Participant

Auto pause on opening chat is planned globally for all features.

that be pretty sweet, I know if I’m using it responsibly and not abusing her to the point that I’m getting reported or drawing attention I should be fine. but reading around forms here and other places it seems like some people have these run in and I’m just a cautious person lol.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.