Hitting a wall (literally) running Stone Vigil

Forum Forums Discussion Hitting a wall (literally) running Stone Vigil

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kontu kontu 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Running Stone Vigil with full clear, every so often today I find myself getting stuck against a fire wall and Miqo can’t continue. Logs below from the very end of the previous dungeon run until it broke. As you can see, it ran fine 5 times and failed out on the 6th.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Miqobot Miqobot. Reason: Log Attachment
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant

So to add (I was short on time earlier), I’ve had this happen several at the same spot now since Friday. I know that in the screenshot my inventory is full, however this has also occurred with having plenty of inventory space left (including in the armory). I’ve had it occur with my first second run in a row (before doing other things in the scenario I use, which I’ll include in a code box at the end because it’s short), or the 4th of 5, or the 7th of 8. Doesn’t seem to matter. I’ve also had it go through 50 runs (with GCturn in, desynth, and repairs) no problem, so I’m really not sure what the key factor is that sets it off.

I pulled my full logs I had left in Miqo and did some searching – one the fail before the one in my first post, it had died during the 7th run (logs for that run here : https://pastebin.com/bQ5sBUiF ), which means it’s possible my inventory was full.

The time before (didn’t realize I had logs going back this far) it was only on it’s second run through (logs here : https://pastebin.com/K2av77R4 )

This was a failure running it’s 5th run of 5 in a row, I know it claims “Successful” at the end, but that’s just because I left the duty before stopping miqo. Logs: https://pastebin.com/xuBBe5qa

Here is literally my entire log currently open in Miqo, it’s massive (~57,000 lines) and has several days of info in it, a *lot* not related to combat at all, but I figured I’d include it in case there was data outside of what I’ve already included you wanted — https://pastebin.com/eU07885j

All pastebin links will expire in 1 month from now

Scenario I use (that like I’ve said, sometimes can go 50 runs in a row without a hitch):

grid(IF-Squadron)
    dungeon(Stone Vigil)
    waypoint(0)
    squadron(5)
    repair()
    desynthList(Stone Vigil)
    desynth()
    waypoint(1)
    teleportNPC()
    waypoint(5)
    deliverGCGear()
    waypoint(2)
    teleportNPC()
    waypoint(0)
    repeatAll(10)
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!
    We have received your screenshot and removed the link to keep your personal information private.

We are currently investigating the problem and trying to reproduce your issue in our labs.
    Thank you for your assistance very much!

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Thanks 🙂 I realized just now I missed half the censoring in the screenshot when I sat down and saw your reply haha.

If there’s more data you need let me know what or how to collect it and I’m happy to provide. I might try to record a set of runs and watch them to see if I can catch what might be happening as well, especially since I did so many runs as NIN without issue before hand it might be hard to reproduce.

I am running as BRD, not sure if that difference matters – but I’ve been running Stone Vigil for levels 42->67 now and didn’t see any issues till BRD level 65. NIN and SMN had no issues up to 60 (haven’t raised them past that point).

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you very much, additional data is not required 🙂
    We have managed to reproduce your issue and identify the cause of this behavior.

The problem is caused by the BRD ability Foe Requiem.
    It is capable of pulling mosnters without direct line of sight and even from areas locked behind the fire wall. This event triggers a standard mechanism designed to handle face pulls, but since those monsters are unreachable it results in AI deadlock.

As a temporary workaround, please remove Foe Requiem from your hotbar.

We have to carefully review and redesign Foe Requiem algorithm in order to prevent this kind of issue from happening in the future. In addition, we will create special triggers to detect similar cases and interrupt AI deadlocks. These solutions will take some time to implement and most likely will be released in the next beta version.
    In the meantime, please use the workaround described above and don’t let Miqobot use Foe Requiem.

We apologize for temporary inconvenience.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Not a problem, awesome job figuring it out so quick. It’s off my hotbar!

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    2+

Just to update – After removing Foe Requiem from my hotbar I had zero issues with the subsequent 94 runs I performed on BRD. Thanks again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.