High Fire II/High Blizzard II Macro

Forum Forums Discussion High Fire II/High Blizzard II Macro

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Menendo 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jedahdemon
    Participant

Trying to figure out if there is a way to set a macro with an icon for Fire II and Blizzard II so that Miqobot will still use these skills. Anyone know if it’s possible? Using /micon “Fire II” doesn’t work sadly.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

If /micon "Fire II" doesn’t work, have you tried /micon "Fire 2" instead? It’s possible that the alternate “spelling” might do it.

jedahdemon
    Participant

Fire 2 isn’t a valid action so it won’t show up as an icon. The issue is even if you use /micon “Fire II” if you have access to High Fire II it will still change the icon to that. I was trying to see if anyone knew of a way to force it to use the Fire II icon.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Try using the auto-translator. I use them for all my macros. You would type /micon then fire but instead if hitting space, hit tab. Find Fire 2 (should be the 3rd on the list) on the auto translation menu and select it. No quotes or anything needed after that.

Edit: added a screen shot to show what it would look like when done correctly.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by captainblunt captainblunt.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jedahdemon
    Participant

using auto translate does the same thing adding quotes does, just without the quotes, including my own screenshot to show that the icon changes to High Fire II. I’ll just have to assume that BLM is unusable in normal situations until Miqobot updates.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

hm, I just created a fire II macro and it seemed to work fine but I was manually pressing it. I don’t remember anything about BLM or if it even works right now tbh so I’m not sure what else to try at this point.

darkpokemon
    Participant

can you add it into the macro thread plz?

besaidknight
    Participant

This was an issue I ran into with just Black Mage in general: Even if you make a Macro, there’s no way for Miqo to recognize it…
    Even if you give those moves the macros for just Fire or Ice 2, the game will swap those icons to high versions of them.
    Same thing happens with trying to make a Macro to swap Fire/Ice with Paradox: if you make a Macro with the Fire or Blizzard Icon, the icon will be shifted to Paradox’s Icon, and you HAVE to name the macro accurately to the spell icon, otherwise Miqo won’t use the spell.

I have not found a way around this aside from taking direct control over the character and using High Spells or Paradox manually before returning control to the bot. This means you’ve got to know what rotation Miqo has in mind or pay attention to the Fight parameters XD

Menendo
    Participant

Same thing goes for the RDM lvl 90 Resolution. No way of macroing it and forcing miqo to use it in a macro sadly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.