Help Fishing Scenario

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Help Fishing Scenario

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Zanion 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Zanion
    Participant

I need some help for the following:

I want to catch Fingers in Horizon (Western Thanalan) and Cupish in Moraby Drydocks (Lower La Noscea) both need Clear Skies for high catch rate.

I understand the basics of Miqo and I managed to set it up to Teleport

job(FSH)
    teleport(Horizon)
    grid(Fishing Fingers)
    bait(Northern Krill)
    waypoint(7)
    findFish
    fish(5)

As well as

job(FSH)
    teleport(Moraby Drydocks)
    grid(Fishing Cupfish)
    bait(Syrphid Basket)
    waypoint(7)
    findFish
    fish(5)

The problems I have now are:
    1. How can I specify the exact Eorzian Time I want Miqo to arrive in sport, start fishing, end fishing.
    2. How can I use addGoodWeather() & skipBadWeather() to specify fishing only during Clear Skies and move to next chapter if weather is not correct.
    3. How can I tell Miqo to teleport from Horizon (chapter 1) to Moraby Drydocks (Chapter 2) and/or Moraby Drydocks to Horizon to spam Fish Eyes of weather is correct.

This is my first step into getting to know the Scenario Engine, so I really depend on your help.

Zanion
    Participant

could someone help me out?

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant
    job(FSH)
    teleport(Horizon)
    grid(Fishing Fingers)
    bait(Northern Krill)
    waypoint(7)
    afkUntil(16:50et)
    workFor(18:00et)
    findFish
    fish(3)
    job(FSH)
    teleport(Moraby Drydocks)
    grid(Fishing Cupfish)
    bait(Syrphid Basket)
    waypoint(7)
    workFor(19:00et)
    findFish
    fish(5)
    repeatAll(999)

As far as making a skip based on weather, I don’t think that is possible with the current scenario commands. Same goes for Teleporting based on weather. At the moment, miqo doesn’t actually skip bad weather, she just changes the fishing time to 1 min. At best your fishing windows are 5 mins long and you want as much of that window as possible. I would just set it up to run regardless of weather. The edits make use of the extra hour on the Cupfish, but after you get Fingers, I would suggest removing the fingers chapter and adding in an “afkUntil(16:50et)” above the workFor command on the Cupfish chapter. This way you will get all 5mins of fishing time for the cupfish after you have Fingers off of your to do list. Hope this helps!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by jakebnda jakebnda.
    jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

Oh! Side note, If you can find other fish that don’t spawn during the same times, you can make a 24/7 scenario that will always be fishing for something that is up, and something that you still need. For instance,(00:00et) to (02:00et) Fish A in chapter 1 (02:00et) to (04:00et) Fish B in chapter 2, and so on until you have 12 chapters filled with fish you need. Im sure it wont be that simple of spawn times, but that’s the main idea. Fish 24/7 🙂

PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant

Hello.

All functions are well documented under the ? button on the Scenario tab.

Your Scenario:
    You are missing the () in findFish

Your Answers:
    1. afkuntil(), workuntil() are your friends. I find using Eorzian time the easiest, remember to be mindful of am/pm component tho.
    For example: Waiting AFK until 2:30 am ET is written afkuntil(02:30et)

2. skipBadWeather() works, but takes a moment to kick in during scenario. If you use this you will always go to the destination & start fishing before the weather is counted and the chapter is skipped. I see no way around this. Below is an excerpt from one of my scenarios that uses skipbadweather().

workUntil(00:00et)
    goodWeather(Clear Skies)
    goodWeather(Fair Skies)
    goodWeather(Clouds)
    skipBadWeather()
    moochBlacklist(Ocean Cloud)
    fish()

3. Lots to ask here eh? Break this down into easier pieces and you will find it much more manageable.
    a. Change your teleport() functions to teleportif(). Your example should work fine.

b. Miqobot + Fish Eyes is a disaster. If I have to use Fish Eyes I am always at the keyboard evaluating its use. Point being Miqo will spam Fish Eyes all day and you will have 0 GP if you don’t use it properly. Using in conjunction with skipbadweather() is a GP disaster waiting to happen.

c. You should look at using fishpreset() for targeting single fish or my personal favorite moochpreset() for swapping presets based your mooch fish.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by PinHead PinHead.

Zanion
    Participant
    1+

Thank you so much jakebnda and PinHead!

Your replies offered me a clearer insight as to what I need to do better. I am so thankful to be part of this community.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.