Help creating scenario to dump yellow gathering scrips?

Forum Forums Discussion Help creating scenario to dump yellow gathering scrips?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

zgo63925
    Participant

Alright, I’m in a good mood, let me throw in some tips aswell.

Character Config -> Camera Speed (Keyboard)

Increase to 80, makes miqobot turn around faster, 100 causes jittering while adjusting vertical camera, 80 works fine.

True. Playtesting costs extra time. For my grids I had maybe 20 minutes of playtesting, so I need like half an hour for a basic grid, that runs in smooth circles and doesn’t aggro mobs 😉

Usually I don’t consider a grid/scenario working perfectly untill it was tested overnight :p

That way you will hear the little sound when an item is obtained, every time you gather an item, as well as tell-sound effects, but nothing else.

We talked about this once but I strongly advise you use ACT and setup custom triggers to notify you if a GM messages you.

Using the SlimDX Audio library I set my warning sound for that to 500% so it would certainly wake me up.

If anyone recently talked to a GM it would be nice if you could still confirm if their tag is [GM]?

Arc
    Arc

If anyone recently talked to a GM it would be nice if you could still confirm if their tag is [GM]?

According to this 3 months old YouTube video they still are called [GM]Gm Whatevertheirnameis:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Arc Arc.

zgo63925
    Participant

Well then unless they tend to go undercover the custom trigger is very simple:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  zgo63925.
    Arc
    Arc

Yup. Also, by the way: When a GM messages you, you will get a very distinct and unique system sound notification on every whisper. Absolutely cannot overhear this (at 0:46 for example):

zgo63925
    Participant

Yup. Also, by the way: When a GM messages you, you will get a very distinct and unique system sound notification on every whisper. Absolutely cannot overhear this (at 0:46 for example):

If that is the case Miqo could easily determine if a GM messages you via memory, considering this sound is not usable in any other way you could either read memory for that certain sound, or there could be even a explicit trigger for GM events.

Timray
    Timray
    Participant

@zgo63925
    Wold you mind posting a link to the ACT program so we can get some info on it please

zgo63925
    Participant

ACT is a very popular program used to parse duties and dps meters.

https://advancedcombattracker.com/

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Also, protip to that. Go to your sound settings and set it like this:

Yea, good idea, but this one I knew already. It does not really help once you get more than one account… let alone as many accounts as your CPU lets you run at the same time 🙁 Well, let’s just pray for real vendor support to come out sooner, and then we won’t need these tricks, hehe!

Yup. Also, by the way: When a GM messages you, you will get a very distinct and unique system sound notification on every whisper.

Wow! Is there any way to redefine it (replace sound file with loud siren, for example)? This way you won’t need to launch an instance of ACT per each instance of the game! Or they ban for such actions?

zgo63925
    Participant
    1+

Wow! Is there any way to redefine it (replace sound file with loud siren, for example)? This way you won’t need to launch an instance of ACT per each instance of the game! Or they ban for such actions?

It depends how the sounds are implemented and if SE does a purity check on gamefiles. In theory possible and that would indeed by a great workaround.

In the case of FFXIV there seems to be no raw accessible files as all resources are packed in .dat files and probably hashes are checked via the launcher.

But then again, via memory reading you could easily determine a GM message and play a custom resource embedded into your program if you want to write one yourself, alternatively wait for Miqo to do that in the far future :p

zgo63925
    Participant

I’ve written a script using the market API to determine the highest volume of gil transacted per day/week items on a server or datacenter using the sale history. You make awesome grids maybe we can swap/share info, hit me up on the unofficial discord, username ends in 52.

Added, ending with z.

I mean ending zy*.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

FINAL FANTASY XIV is widely modable, from models, 3D, images files of all kind, texts, UI, etc. and sound files.

For textures, models and images files, TexTools:

For datamining and locate pretty much anything, Saint Coinach:

https://github.com/ufx/SaintCoinach

For texts, assets, and swap sound files, FFXIV Data Explorer:

http://ffxivexplorer.fragmenterworks.com/index.php

I use all of them extensively along bunch of non-UI-destructive shaders (thank you Path-Tracing), to enhance dozens of times the render quality of FFXIV, but I won’t provide you support about any of them here, because that’s not the place, and there’s also some interest conflicts, so I invite you to use their own support channels for that purpose if you end up needing help.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.

zgo63925
    Participant

Well gray, i guess we got an universal solution for all your clients at once to implement a GM alarm. Only matter of getting the sound loud enough now and finding the correct file :p

Arc
    Arc

Sound files of the game are in the archive /game/sqpack/ffxiv/070000.win32.index for those trying to look for it.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.