[Help] Bitdefender deleting Miqobot and associated files even with exceptions

Forum Forums Discussion [Help] Bitdefender deleting Miqobot and associated files even with exceptions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marre 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

marre
    Participant

Hey ho
    Now I do understand this is related to Bitdefender – but since it’s a fairly popular antivirus, I figured someone here might’ve encountered this issue before.

Today – and not previously – bitdefender is marking miqobot as malicious. When I give the program file an exception to scans, Bitdefender will then let me open it but once I change tab it will close miqobot then delete it aswell as miqoradar.exe, miqocraft.dll and miqodraw.dll before denying me access to the folder.

Only after restarting the computer is the restriction on my folder lifted but it will only do the same again.

Since miqobot isn’t liking it when being restored from quarantine, I *have* to download it again but then its a repeat of what happened before.

Any tips on how to handle this? I understand miqobot isn’t malware.w

Thanks

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Since its bitdefenders problem youll have better luck on their forums.
    My personal advice – uninstall it. And get a smarter one. Installing an antivirus which doesnt do what you say is the same as installing a virus.

marre
    Participant

Yeh, just wanted to check if anyone here had some input. Been doing some research on this, and for months BD has been having a heck of a lot of false positives with “gen:atc4” – but all they conjure up is arrogance and a “whitelist” that wont work.

But I’ll take your advice to heart and do just that. This is just silly, thanks anyways ^^,

TNC
    TNC
    Participant

Personally, I don’t even use an antivirus program. The vast majority (almost all) of malware is manually installed through being deceived or through ignorance, like spam clicking Next through a program’s installer that’s bundled with some not so nice toolbars and programs. And for browsing the internet safely, a simple adblocker like ublock origin should keep you from getting infected.

But as Lyfox pointed out above, not all antivirus programs are equal, and if your antivirus doesn’t do what its told to do, or is difficult to remove, it is usually regarded as a virus itself. Norton and McAfee are treated as viruses due to both of these traits, and if you install almost any other antivirus in existence, they will get rid of Norton or McAfee with extreme prejudice.

Personally, if you absolutely want or need an antivirus software, i would recommend either ESET smart security, or Kaspersky. They are both regarded as the best you can get.

marre
    Participant

-snip-

Yup absolutely. It’s just that I did some minor research on hq av, and BD came out on top. I’m not ignorant when it comes to staying safe online, but since its a new computer I figured I’d slap a proper AV on it for the sake of staying fairly safe – atleast for a year.

For the moment I’ll stick with not having one. I’ve never had issues in the past without so I’ll continue ‘commando’ so to say.

Thanks for the input, though, it’s much appreciated. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.