Grin Request Diadem Tier 3

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Grin Request Diadem Tier 3

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Red Mage Red Mage 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MacFatts
    Participant

Since the drop of the new patch and the new level of Firmament, the old grids for diadem no longer work. I was wondering if anyone was working on a new grid, and when it might be available. Thank you.

Strife025
    Strife025
    Participant

Based on the old grids, probably gonna be a few days until something even somewhat workable is put out. And since alot of people finished their 500K achieve in phase 2 the same people might not be updating grids this time around. I’m hearing that nodes changed so old grids aren’t going to be plug and play once miqobot supports the new map.

I didn’t make one from scratch last time but I was heavily involved in testing them since I got 500K bot/min in phase 2. The zone is huge and there are alot of pathing issues due to the number/location of all of the nodes that it took weeks of iteration until you had a good grid that could be left alone without crashing out.

A normal gathering grid is maybe 30 branches and can updated fairly quickly (i.e. phase 1 I made my own grids in an hour because they were on the normal maps like normal gathering nodes).

Diadem grids have almost 400 branches and are more complex to deal with the tornados, more nodes with more opportunity to get stuck, and diademboom() (which probably won’t be included for initial grids).

If you’re trying for rankings for the first 10 days you’re going to either have to use fishing or one of the crafters and buy mats.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Strife025 Strife025.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Strife025 Strife025.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Well since diademBoom() is a scenario thing i think the best approach is to split the whole grid in separate chunks and work on them separately. When you enter Diadem theres one miner node spawned directly to the right. And it spawns the next 8 nodes in a chain. So you can start by mapping these 8 and restart Diadem. Then make a separate grid and start mapping from #9 which is also spawned on your immediate arrival. Then the third grid and so on. The whole Diadem can be split into six grids.

Grid 1: #1-#8
    Grid 2: #9-#16
    Grid 3: #17-#24
    Grid 4: #25-#32
    Grid 5: #33-#40
    Grid 6: #41-#48

Im using the old botanist map for reference but the idea is the same: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/fhb5be/advanced_guide_to_diadem_farming_map_of_all_nodes/

Once you finish a grid you make a separate chapter for it with diademBoom() in the end. It probably doesnt change much if your goal is a complete Diadem map. But it makes things easier to manage in my opinion.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

I am most likely gonna work on a diadem grid. But probably wont finish before the rankings are done.

Diadem grids have almost 400 branches

In my first attempt, which I’ve done prior to the new patch, I had almost 750 grid points and over 2000 connection lines. It was working really good, I could start it from any point, with 3 simple lines in scenario or just using the gathering tab. And the movement looked super clean. Then after around 10-20min, I would have gone into the diademBoom section and repeated it. I also could make it work that I gather the elemental nodes with the correct job depending on the weather.

However the downside was, that miqo was taking longer to calculate the best route (around 2-4 seconds sometimes), as there were a lot of possible routes to take and also everytime I choose this grid it will take 5-20 seconds to apply it. That hopefully wont be a problem now, as I made a lot of unnecessary points and lines, which I can omit on the new one, without sacrificing the natural looking movement.

Well since diademBoom() is a scenario thing i think the best approach is to split the whole grid in separate chunks and work on them separately. When you enter Diadem theres one miner node spawned directly to the right. And it spawns the next 8 nodes in a chain.

I think this is kinda the best way if you want to create a grid for specific routes (which are still there, just in reverse to the prior iteration, at least for miner). As you then can adjust the movement path to look natural, it’s easier to maintain and also the grid loading times will be a lot less.

However I will definitely try to make a more generic grid where you don’t need a specific scenario for. But that will take some time. For my first prototype (the one I mentioned above) it took me about 14-18 hours to just make the grid and then some more hours to heavily test and adjust it^^

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant

While I haven’t had time to work on grids, I did spend a little bit in Diadem. Not only do we have new weather conditions to deal with, but the actual rotations for the nodes is actually reverse from Phase 2. Mining now is best counterclockwise and Botany is Clockwise. So it’s gonna take a lot more work to get things back in order.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant
    5+

While I haven’t had time to work on grids, I did spend a little bit in Diadem. Not only do we have new weather conditions to deal with, but the actual rotations for the nodes is actually reverse from Phase 2. Mining now is best counterclockwise and Botany is Clockwise. So it’s gonna take a lot more work to get things back in order.

I’m working on a grid myself at the moment, which seems to be working mostly fine for mining already… But won’t make a botanist one til after the rankings… I should be able to release it tomorrow, if testing goes well.

Red Mage
    Red Mage
    Participant
    3+

Working on a grid myself, will post it as soon as I can but it’s a lot to work on. Trying to make my grid work on both MIN and BTN at the same time. Doesn’t take into account diademBoom() though, I wish that was an option on the gathering tab instead

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.