Grid Question, Can 1 grid be used over Multiple Areas?

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Grid Question, Can 1 grid be used over Multiple Areas?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mikoto 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mikoto
    Participant

As the title suggests, im looking at making grids/scenerios for a big cluster farm, given the new nodes across different expansions you can relatively have a cluster farm going constantly netting over 100 clusters per node now easily beating out reduction. now im not to good when it comes to making grids so i have a few questions, can grids be used over multiple areas or does each area need its own grid? to be specific ill also be using set waypoints via scenerio for traveling. and lastly what would be the best sort of grid to create, for example simple run/fly nodes in a chain or should i also be using beacons?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

You can fit several areas into one grid but its probably not the best idea. All locations share the same coordinate space so you will end up with overlapping sections and navigation bugs. Also large grids make Miqo very laggy as it takes more time to process each step.

A convenient approach is to put each area into separate grids and switch between them with scenarios. Since you are going to set waypoints in scenario then why not select grids the same way.

mikoto
    Participant

thats fair enough then, if i need multiple grids i probably wont bother specifying waypoints for it, thanks lyfox

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.