Grid making tips?

Forum Forums Discussion Grid making tips?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Vixen Vixen 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

feefee
    Participant

I’ve been making some of my own grids for ARR materials and I’ve noticed a lot of the time Miqobot will only rotate around a few pairs of nodes and ignore ones further away since it doesn’t need to use Truth to detect when the others are so close. Is there a way to set up a grid to gather in a full rotation of all the nodes or is it perfectly fine (efficiency wise) to just let Miqobot ignore the farther nodes? I attached the grid I made in case anyone wants to test and see for themselves.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Miyo-two
    Participant
    2+

I’d say don’t worry too much about making gil until you’re level 80,
    there is really no point as most of your content are locked behind main scenario quests,
    and your ability to make gil grow exponentially as you progress.

Once you’re at 80, however, making gil with crafters&gatherer is the best way to go when you have Miqo.
    Here are my personal methods as of patch 5.55:

TL;DR
    First method is beginner friendly, but sells slow.
    Second method has stable income and fully automatic, but need 4~6gil to gear up
    Third method makes the most gil, but need to be omni crafter preferably

————————————————————————————————————————

★★★ 1. Weaver/Carpenter level 80, basic exarchic gear: ★★★
    What you do: make housing/glamour item, keep checking marketboard for what has the most profit, use miqobot for crafting algorithm,
    not really automatic but beginner friendly.

Example:
    Frontier Dress required 2x Frontier cloth,
    cost is around 550k on marketboard, but sells 800k~1mil (check the lowest price material on https://universalis.app/ first),
    I’d make two dress based on current demand.

This method doesn’t require any BIS gear, just basic exarchic gear and one job at level 80,
    since housing item or glamour doesn’t require high quality, so i’d say this method is best for making your first batch of gil.

However, you need some basic knowledge of which items has the most profit and demand.
    You need to keep searching the marketboard, sort the items by demand and look for the item’s required material, and the material’s prices.
    If you think there is enough profit, craft it using miqobot and sell it.

Pros:
    – No BIS gear required
    – Only one crafter job needed at level 80
    – Can make a lot of gil

Cons:
    – Sells very slowly, as housing/glamour items doesn’t have high demand
    – Not completely automatic, miqo can only help you with crafting algorithm
    – need some marketboard knowledge

★★★ 2. Botanist & Culinarian/Alchemist level 80 with BIS gear: ★★★
    What you do: Craft highest demand potions and meals using miqobot’s scenario function, fully automatic.

This is the most stable way of making gil personally, as meals and potions sells really fast,
    and it only require two jobs at 80.

just look up the markerboard and “sort by demand”, then start making those meals & potions,
    you can do this fully automatically with miqobot’s scenario function.

Pros:
    – Sells INSANELY fast
    – only 1 crafter job and 1 gatherer job needed at level 80
    Fully automatic with miqobot’s scenario function
    – extremely stable income

Cons:
    – Doesn’t make as much gil as the other two methods presented here
    – need 4~6mil gil for your first BIS gear
    – need some time to build your scenario, careful avoid using miqo in crowded area for a long period of time, don’t risk yourself getting reported

★★★ 3. Blacksmith/Armorer/Goldsmith/Leatherworker/Weaver level 80 with BIS gear ★★★
    What you do: Craft the latest battle class or crafter gears using miqobot’s sceario function,
    craft and gather the required material all using miqo, semi-automatic.

This methods makes the most gil for me, but using this method means you enlist yourself to the never-ending undercut war,
    as a LOT of people are selling the latest gear.

Pros:
    – makes the most gil out of the three methods, I’m taking about 25mil gil a week easily.

Cons:
    – need multiple class at level 80, preferably Omni-crafter, which is NOT beginner friendly at all
    – you need to undercut manually, as there is no undercut function in miqo, and it is really painful ngl

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Miyo-two.

Miyo-two
    Participant
    1+

oops, I read the title as gil-making tips and just went with it,
    my bad

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

I always keep max branch distance low – about 10, I think – and place points directly next to each of the gather nodes to start. Draw connection lines between ALL of them. Every single point so far should connect directly to every OTHER node, with exceptions based on experienced judgement. Then, with keyboard only and in legacy movement mode, I spend five to ten minutes manually gathering, to get a feel for the paths I would follow. At that point, I start adding points in the middle of path lines and dragging them away a little, in order to more closely mirror the paths that I naturally fell into.

The best advice I can give is this: movement should look natural and be accomplished with minimal grid points. When Miqo arrives at a point, she stops moving to adjust her angle for the next segment. Minimise that. Don’t make her jump, because she sticks for a second before she knows she needs to, every time she walks that way. Don’t use sharp turns mid-path, because no human walks like that. To go around an obstacle, you might need four to six points for a gentle curve. That’s more important than keeping the point count per path at a low number.

As always, test your grid by watching Miqo gather with it for a while, but do it while there aren’t other players close by. If she follows a weird path, you have to decide in the moment whether to stop her mid-way, make your adjustments, go back to the starting point, and try again… or if you want to let her finish that path, harvest the next node, and then tweak things after that and wait for her to follow the new path. Both will look odd to any watchers, but making path adjustments is a lot of small movements where you do nothing in-game.

And for the love of everything, don’t be afraid to have a web of path lines in your grid. One of my most common gripes when editing someone else’s path from the forum is “learn to draw some damn lines” because any time someone tries to make a “minimalist” grid, all they accomplish is making it ABUNDANTLY clear to observers that you’re using a bot. Humans go as directly as possible from A to B, so every gathering node should have a reasonably direct path to every other gathering node, allowing for detours to get around obstacles.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.