GP Check?

Forum Forums Discussion GP Check?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  infuriated 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    FTAC_14
    FTAC_14
    Participant

Are we ever going to get a GP check in the scenario? It would make life soooo much better.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Do you mean this?

addGatherRotationIfGP() – Add gathering rotation to GP-based selector.

FTAC_14
    FTAC_14
    Participant

i’m not sure if that will do what I want. If you have an example, then I would love to see it. I want it to wait for the right amount of GP before gathering an ephemeral node. Right now I have it timed out to be about right, but it’s not 100% accurate. Sometimes I will be short GP and it will just gather the node as a regular item. I would like it to wait until the GP is 600 before attempting. This kind of seems like it will continue on if the GP is not met. I would rather have it wait and retry once the GP is high enough.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Make 0-GP rotation and 600-GP rotation. Name them “Collect 0GP” and “Collect 600GP”.

rotationIfGP(Collect 0GP)
    rotationIfGP(Collect 600GP)

Yes Miqo will continue if you have no GP but she will still collect instead of regular gather.

Example of 600 GP: SingleMind > IA > SingleMind > IA > SingleMind > MA.
    Example of 0 GP: IA > IA > MA.

This way when you have 600 GP you collect x4, when you have 0 GP collect x1. This is more efficient than what youre trying to do, but if you absolutely need to afk for GP then yes theres no other way besides time it manually. I remember it was requested so eventually dev team will get it done though in my opinion its a QoL feature.

FTAC_14
    FTAC_14
    Participant

Well, she still collects without the rotationIfGP function. She just gathers a regular item from the node instead of collecting and continues on as normal.

Yes it is a QoL thing. The scenario works, just not as efficient as it “could” be. I have tried my damnedest to get the rotation timing down to get 4 shots per node, but it never works out. I usually get three, but some will get 4. Either I don’t have 600 GP by the time the next one spawns or something else timing related happens. I tried putting a couple gathering nodes before it pops, but sometimes that causes me to run over the node spawn time, which is WAY worse than only getting three nodes and not four. It will stay AFK until the next spawn, which is really bad. I have also tried reducing the AFK between nodes, but that doesn’t always pan out because the bot doesn’t always take the same amount of time from node to node.

Oh well, guess I will wait and see if we ever get the GP check.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by FTAC_14 FTAC_14.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Sorry i dont really understand the problem you describe. What do you mean by spawn time? You respawn an ephemeral by simply touching two regular nodes from two different clusters theres no timer for that. Heres an example of my chapter its been working perfectly for a couple of months:

repeatChapterUntil(15:55ET)

teleportIf(Dawn Throne)
    job(MIN)
    gatherPreset(schorl)
    rotationIfGP(Ephemeral-0)
    rotationIfGP(Ephemeral-600)

waypoint(14)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(7)
    gatherTouch()
    waypoint(1)
    gatherTouch()

If you need to afk for GP you can do this after gather(1). Just put afkFor(01:40et) this should be enough to recharge 600 GP.

Odd Cheetah
    Participant

I understand what he is saying and it is something I would like as well. Don’t start a gathering run until GP is equal to some number. For example
    IfGP(700) start run

That way I would be able to have the bot apply cordials, and if it meets or is over 700 Miqo will start her run. Otherwise she simply waits.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Odd Cheetah.

miqoai52
    Participant
    1+

Theres no reason to AFK or wait for your GP to regenerate if you can reach minimum collectability with 0gp by doing IA>IA>MA. You only get 1 gathering attempt but thats still more than 0 you get while AFK. then when you have 600 gp you do your full rotation with more gathering attempts. Lyfox just said this 3 posts up and even gave you a copy of his code…

zgo63925
    Participant

Sorry i dont really understand the problem you describe. What do you mean by spawn time? You respawn an ephemeral by simply touching two regular nodes from two different clusters theres no timer for that. Heres an example of my chapter its been working perfectly for a couple of months:

He means a scenario trigger like “waitUntill” but instead he wants “waitUntillGP”. Basically he wants to afk and start the next step once GP hits the trigger.

Example:

teleport(Castrum Oriens)
    unstealth()
    changeJob(Miner)
    icon(5, 7, 5)
    selectGrid(Raw Triphane)
    selectGatherPreset(Raw Triphane)
    afkUntil(2:05et)
    afkUntillGP(700)
    startGathering(1)

Odd Cheetah
    Participant

I’m not talking about collectibility. Just gathering rotations. And this rotation requires I have full GP when I go into it otherwise I don’t get what I am aiming for.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Odd Cheetah.

miqoai52
    Participant

so then gather with a 0 gp rotation until until you have 600 gp then use 600 gp rotation. its the same thing as a afk until gp function except you get extra materials. the guy above was gathering an ephemeral node, so he is talking about collectibility. if youre gathering normal nodes then just gather normally until you have the right amount of gp, then use your rotation. the bot already does this by default, so whats the problem?

zgo63925
    Participant

so then gather with a 0 gp rotation until until you have 600 gp then use 600 gp rotation.

Unspoiled Nodes…

Odd Cheetah
    Participant

Some harvesting requires that I gather purely HQ. Such a thing won’t work. So waiting until the GP is at the right level is how it’s supposed to work. So gathering until I have 0 GP will not work right.

infuriated
    Participant

By default, all characters regenerate GP at the rate of 300 GP per Eorzean hour. (360 GP if you acquired the level 70 DoL Trait.)
    Therefore if you want to wait for 600 GP, you can type:

afkFor(2:00ET)

This function is guaranteed to generate 600 GP for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.