General Notification Sounds

Forum Forums Discussion General Notification Sounds

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc
    1+

Heyho,

another feature came to my mind that would be very helpful: A sound notification feature for several things:

* Fishing: Sound for specific fish being caught, Sound for fishing session completed, Sound for fishing problems (no more fish in that area / no more bait in inventory)
    * Gathering: Sound for gathering session completed (specified ammount of gatherings reached)
    * Crafting: Sound for crafting session completed. Sound for problems via crafting (no repair button, etc.)
    * Navigation: General sound effect for issues while navigating
    * Gold Saucer: Sound for going into pause mode in minigames
    * 3D-Radar: (<- This feature is what I want the most) Sound when something that has been written in the “Filter by Name” box appears (like Ixion spawning, a player appearing or a gathering node popping up on your current map)

The way I imagine the sound effect option would be that you open the + Menu on the associated tab and there you have a checkbox “Play sound on Case-XYZ” and next to it a browsing button to select an mp3 or wav sound file. If no sound file is selected a standart sound effect provided by Miqobot is played.

I also read that for crafting there is already a sound notification when crafting is finished, but as Miqobot said it’s depending on your system sound settings and the system notification sound is disabled by default for most systems (and it wasn’t specified which system sound it is).

This feature would be great (especially for stuff like Ixion hunting or hunting/gathering in general). I also hope this would not be too hard to implement. From a programmers perspective I don’t think it is, but it could also be that I’m wrong and due to the FFXIV code it may be harder to implement than I think.

Best regards,
    Arc

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Accepted.
    It would not be hard to implement, but just like the rest of QoL features it will have to wait until the important Stormblood upgrades are in place.

It’s a good suggestion, thank you very much 🙂

Arc
    Arc

Thanks and nice to hear. I’m pleased and looking forward to it 😛

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.