GC Seals ???

Forum Forums Discussion GC Seals ???

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Timray
    Timray
    Participant

Hand & Land Master’s Rings no longer work for Grand Company seal turn ins.
    So anyone know of a new way to get GC seals fast?

k0nker
    k0nker
    Participant

Create a scenario that solo queues you for Sohm Al then have the scenario run Sohm Al. Then have it turn in items for GC’s, repeat ad nauseam.

What you do for this is open the duty finder, select unsynced in the settings, then select Sohm Al, then close the duty finder. Place yourself right in front of the GC delivery person on a level 70+ job, then run it. Obviously you will have to change the keybindings to match yours, but this is how I mass farm GC seals while I shower etc. Each run takes about 7-8 minutes on a level 80 MCH for me and gets between 6-10k seals depending on chest RNG.

Chapter 1

key(u, 3) //duty finder

key(num6, .2) //wake up cursor
    key(num8, .3) //move up
    key(num8, .3) //move up
    key(num8, .3) //move up
    key(num8, .3) //move up
    key(num6, .3) //select join
    key(num0, 4) //confirm

Chapter 2

fullClear(on)
    dungeon(Sohm Al)
    squadrons(1)

Chapter 3
    deliverGCGear()

Chapter 4
    repeatAll(999)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by k0nker k0nker.

ivanovcholesky
    Participant

Thanks K0nker you made my day

omegablue8392
    Participant

i didnt even think you could use squadrons to do a dungeon unsynced.

that is what you’re doing right? so we’re still limited by the dungeons miqo has in the squadrons section?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

i didnt even think you could use squadrons to do a dungeon unsynced.

that is what you’re doing right? so we’re still limited by the dungeons miqo has in the squadrons section?

You cant. The only reason the squadron is mentioned is so that miqo knows to use the squadron grid and move your character along the grid. You’ll still solo the dungeon, but since its unsycn’d it doesnt take very long.

But yes, since there’s no grids for other dungeons, you are limited to the dungeons miqo supports.

Feral
    Participant

This is pretty neat for farming the seals. Is it possible to create a scenario to repair gear also? Sorry if the question is silly, I’m still new to this.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

This is pretty neat for farming the seals. Is it possible to create a scenario to repair gear also? Sorry if the question is silly, I’m still new to this.

Yup. Quite simple to do. Just add a line (preferrably in the repeat() Chapter) with repair() Make sure you have the repair action in your hotbar and enough dark matter to repair.

If your crafters arent leveled enough to do it then you’ll need to add a navigation grid to take you to an NPC and repair there instead.

Sinrion
    Participant

Check the Scenario Index, there are a few “Squadron Dungeons – GC: (Insert Name of GC)” ones, these usualy come with a few more Scenarios / Grids that have a Repair Option in it (be it via repair() for selfrepair or a NPC Repair) and just use that Scenario Line with this Setup here.

Feral
    Participant

Thank you both. I found a nice Scenario for Immortal Flames that is working well.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Been running unsynced Sohm Al like this now for a dozen runs, so far my high count on items found to turn in with a single run is 7, low is 5, average being 6. 80 PLD takes 11 minutes to run @ilvl 440 (I know tank isn’t ideal for run speed but I’ve been too lazy to raise a dps up yet), netting roughly ~4500 seals per run.

With PLD, its about 2-3 minutes faster than running it as a normal squadron dungeon, with about the same output of seals.

So with MCH lets say 8 minutes per run, so 7.5 runs per hour, even bump average seals to 5000 — that’s 37500/hour. Not super terrible, two hours to almost max out. Nothing like Landmaster used to be

With PLD, 11 minute runs, so ~5.5 runs per hour, same avg seals, 27500/hour. Could be worse I suppose, but I’d be interested if someone finds a better option for GC Seal Farming

Antonkell
    Antonkell
    Participant

curious what people spend seals on, ive been dumping mine into cordials and just storing them.

Is there a better use for seals?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

curious what people spend seals on, ive been dumping mine into cordials and just storing them.

Is there a better use for seals?

Cordials, coke, sap and ventures seem to be the most popular use for GC seals from what I’ve seen.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Right now my seals are going to Raziqsand for building a few sets of housing walls for sale. Otherwise usually the things LutBot listed

Sinrion
    Participant

Been running unsynced Sohm Al like this now for a dozen runs, so far my high count on items found to turn in with a single run is 7, low is 5, average being 6. 80 PLD takes 11 minutes to run @ilvl 440 (I know tank isn’t ideal for run speed but I’ve been too lazy to raise a dps up yet), netting roughly ~4500 seals per run.

With PLD, its about 2-3 minutes faster than running it as a normal squadron dungeon, with about the same output of seals.

So with MCH lets say 8 minutes per run, so 7.5 runs per hour, even bump average seals to 5000 — that’s 37500/hour. Not super terrible, two hours to almost max out. Nothing like Landmaster used to be

With PLD, 11 minute runs, so ~5.5 runs per hour, same avg seals, 27500/hour. Could be worse I suppose, but I’d be interested if someone finds a better option for GC Seal Farming

This seems to be quite low.

I’ve had runs with up to 11 Items, if you’re in a One-Man-FC, you can use Seal Sweetener II too, for a average of ~850 Seals per Item, I usually cap out after around 10 Runs (or close to). Then I have another Script in my Scenario buying whatever Item I feel like at the time and let it on repeat.

Usually I go for Glam Prism, Cordials or various Crafting Items that I can get there easier then elswhere, Ventures aren’t a biggy anymore if you run a Scenario like that for a day or so (you end up with ten thousand of them or so).

Oh, and you you get a better output this way then with Squadrons, since Squadrons need Seals (about 3k) to even start the run in the first place, besides that, you can make a Scenario, where you run Sohm Al with Squads -> Get Seals -> Buy Items to get you down to 10k Seals -> Repeat, so you can infinitely farm Squadron Sohm Al for Leveling, while still getting various Items from the GC Vendor.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

I’ve already leveled everything to 70 or higher, and have lovely scenarios for both methods. But that’s true not needing to spend the entry seal fee with squadrons, I had forgotten about that 🙂

I ran another 120 runs, new highest item run count was 9 for me, but average only came up to 7 total.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.