Gathering

Forum Forums Discussion Gathering

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

shokado
    Participant

Is there a way to have Miqobot switch between slots? I am trying to do Grade 1 Carbon and Fire Shards but it seems to only choose the first slot even if I put a 0 in the slot number. Am I doing something wrong? thanks for any help!

Kanaxai
    Participant

You can use the gather by name feature, the ones on the list have priority over the slot.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

When you use ‘Gather By Name” you can use exact or partial matches. You won’t need a slot number at all when doing this. Example:

[Dragonskin Treasure Map]
    [Some Rare Item Name]
    Crystal
    Shard

Notice the first two have brackets around them, those are exact matches. So if miqo sees that map and no other type of maps, it will take it first, then it will see if whatever ‘rare item’ I’m trying to get is there, if not then it’ll check for crystals, if none, then shards, if there’s nothing on the list then it just stands there confused. So it’s always good to have what you want in there when gathering.

In your case you can do this:

carbon
    shard

and she will find anything with the name carbon in it and grab it, then move to the next node.

Hope this helps.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by captainblunt captainblunt.

shokado
    Participant

Both replies helped out a whole lot thanks!

I guess my question was not clear enough (my bad!)

Is there a way to get Miqo to do like 2 gathers or Carbon and then 2 gathers of fire and so on and so forth?

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

So, you want to not gather up all of the same item just a few of this and a few of that, and maybe even one of those all in one session?

If that’s the case, I’m not sure there’s a way to do that as of yet. @miqobot any thoughts on this?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Scenarios will allow you to switch between slots in Gathering window. You will be able to specify several presets (with slot numbers) and let Miqobot cycle through them when changing Gathering nodes.

Though we do not consider an ability to switch between non-rare items within the same Gathering node.
    Is there any advantage to do that instead of, for example, gathering Shards in every 2nd node and gathering Carbonized Matter in every 3rd node?

shokado
    Participant

I do not believe there to be any advantage all when compared to the Scenarios option. I just figured, some of the nodes I run across, I want a little bit of everything lol.

syntax29a
    Participant

I have an unrelated comment on gathering. I noticed that the bot says that future development will include fleeing. It seems like a really low-effort implementation of that would just be to allow the navigation grid to have a long tail that leads to the center of the nearest town and be able to designate the end of that tail the ‘fleeing’ node. So that miqo could run away (to the guards, no less, although the creature will probably long since have dropped off), as well as find her way back to the gathering nodes.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

You are right, this would be indeed a low-effort implementation of Fleeing algorithm.

And we have it already implemented.
    But there are two big issues that prevent us from calling it a stable feature for release:

1. It would require a complete remake of all the Navigation Grids that our community has created so far.
    2. When a Flee point is located behind a pack of aggressive monsters, Miqobot gets stuck very easily. She’s running back and forth between safe and danger areas, and never makes it to the gathering nodes.

We are working on a dynamic and completely automatic version of Fleeing algorithm. Miqobot will be able to utilize the upcoming World Navigation Graph in order to find the best fleeing path by herself.

It looks like this:

flee-path-preview

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gathering’ is closed to new replies.