Gathering stealth node bug

Forum Forums Discussion Gathering stealth node bug

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    soviras
    soviras
    Participant

There seems to be a bug when miqobot walks past stealth node, causing it to forget how to walk properly. When it reaches a stealth node, it starts walking in one direction and keeps walking that way and if node is visible it walks straight towards it. Strangely, log tells me that it can’t walk in Standard type when this happens, but settings are on Legacy mode and it has no problem until it reaches stealth node. Foot node with auto stealth has no problem.
    It reaches stealth node at 3 trips more, and then starts walking straight to node. It then acts as if it follows path and starts saying it can’t walk in standard mode when it thinks it reaches the destination. This happens for all grids with Stealth nodes.

This is copy of log from when it starts walking to node:

(18:14:21) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘Lv35 Lush’ *.*
    (18:14:21) I see a shiny node at (-217.319901, 315.011993, 0.608156).
    (18:14:21) Going from 17 to 19 in 6 trips.
    (18:14:23) 6 trips more..
    (18:14:25) 5 trips more..
    (18:14:28) 4 trips more..
    (18:14:30) 3 trips more..
    (18:14:36) 2 trips more..
    (18:14:37) 1 trip more..
    (18:14:37) Sorry, can’t move. I can move only in Legacy Type, not in Standard Type.
    (18:14:37) Destination reached!
    (18:14:37) Sorry, can’t move. I can move only in Legacy Type, not in Standard Type.
    (18:14:42) Using action: (Start)
    (18:14:43) Using action: (HQ +10%)
    (18:14:44) Gathering stopping…
    (18:14:44) Well, you know, I don’t mind continuing it any time! πŸ˜‰
    (18:14:44) Gathering stopped.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It is problem in both Beta and normal version.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Also more info, the bug also happens if autostealth happens but more rare, then it keeps walking as if it went through stealth node. This happens when it goes towards visible node only. Here is log from that version of bug. In this case it starts in stealth from autostealth. I think speed difference from stealth might be related to bug happening causing bot to think more distance is covered? It thinks it is at gathering node while it is not even halfway there.

(18:31:14) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘Lv35 Lush’ *.*
    (18:31:14) I see a shiny node at (-200.514404, 383.420685, 1.847618).
    (18:31:14) Going from 19 to 17 in 6 trips.
    (18:31:15) 6 trips more..
    (18:31:19) 5 trips more..
    (18:31:23) 4 trips more..
    (18:31:23) Sorry, can’t move. I can move only in Legacy Type, not in Standard Type.
    (18:31:23) Sorry, can’t move. I can move only in Legacy Type, not in Standard Type.
    (18:31:23) 3 trips more..
    (18:31:23) 2 trips more..
    (18:31:23) 1 trip more..
    (18:31:23) Destination reached!
    (18:31:24) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:25) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:26) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:27) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:29) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:30) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:31) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:31) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:33) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:34) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:36) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:38) Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here πŸ™
    (18:31:39) I give up – can’t find that gathering node πŸ™

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

What keybinds do you have on auto run and stealth? I noticed that this issue can happen if these two are conflicting with each other ^^

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Stealth is keybind 4, autorun is keybind R and mouse 3. I don’t think this is conflict? I never changed keybinds for bars or movement, so it is default. Also same happens with mining, then keybind for stealth is 2.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by soviras soviras.
    soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Also in same areas when on foot, sometimes it decides to lock on to gathering node and sprint towards it, ignoring autostealth and normal stealth. But lock camera is on numpad 5… Sprint is on =. Example of where this problem is encountered is botanist flax from Mochi pack. Not all areas have problem, some regions have consistent issues. In South Shroud is almost always problem…

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

I think I found source of issue, but I don’t know why it happened. I had ingame macro to target and autowalk to gathering nodes. I used this before miqo to make gathering easier. It was not on the bar, but it seems it triggered it as soon as node was visible when in stealth. After deleting macro, problem seems to be solved… But why did miqobot activate this macro? The macros icon was sprint icon, but it wasn’t on bar so it should not be visible to miqo? Or does miqo see all macros too?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

You are correct.
    If the macro is not on your hotbar, it is not visible to Miqobot.

But it is not possible for Miqobot to trigger a macro in any other way besides activating it from the hotbar.
    So if it still was triggered, it means it was on your hotbar – though probably not directly on your screen.

Please note that Miqobot scans all 11 hotbars (10 common + 1 pet), even if they are not directly visible at the moment. And any icon can be accessed by switching to another hotbar and pressing that icon like it was on first hotbar:

1. Switch To Another Hotbar
    2. Icon
    3. Switch To First Hotbar

If the macro had a Sprint icon, it was indeed considered as Sprint action. So basically you got Miqobot fooled πŸ™‚

You can read more about Icons Recognition in our Help section:
    Keybinds and Icons Recognition

As to why this message appeared:
    Sorry, can’t move. I can move only in Legacy Type, not in Standard Type.
    It’s because whenever Auto-Run is activated, the game resets Movement Type to Standard. We will look into this further and try to distinguish Auto-Run case in order to output the correct message instead. But it will take some time.

We have to admit that this is a very tricky case, and we might not be able to identify the reason if you haven’t discovered this macro yourself.
    So thank you very much for reporting and solving it!

We will keep this in our issues database, in case a similar problem arises in the future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.