Gathering Rotation abilities

Forum Forums Discussion Gathering Rotation abilities

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  luluna 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    remnar
    remnar
    Participant

When creating a new gathering rotation in Miqobot, all but a couple of icons are self explanatory. I am wondering where I can find information explaining “If DE Procs” icon, and the Finish icon? I have tried searching the forum.

luluna
    Participant
    1+

DE is Discerning Eye. When using the skill Impulsive Appraisal, there is a chance that DE activates. When you add “If DE Procs”, you get two additional icons underneath – “DE Procs” and “DE No Proc”. The “If DE Procs” is an if-statement that allows Miqobot to perform different followup skills if Discerning Eye activates (DE Procs), and different actions if it does not (DE No Proc).

Common usage of “If DE Procs” is right after “Impulsive Appraisal”. There are many scenarios listed that use these actions, specifically ones that concern collectibles. You can also poke around and find examples of gathering rotations, and you can often match them up pretty well with the ones found in Miqo’s scenarios created by other players.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  luluna.
    remnar
    remnar
    Participant

Thanks for the DE explanation; but I am still not understanding the Finish icon. I have seen it in examples, but it is used more than once in a vertical sequence so I am wondering if it is telling Miqobot to take a swing at the node? I am just wondering what it does.

luluna
    Participant
    1+

Someone else can step in to correct, but my understanding is that Finish is to signal the end of the rotation, which as you noticed, tells Miqobot to start gathering from the node. Rotations without conditionals (the If…) doesn’t require the Finish is simply when you run out of commands. The reason you see it multiple times is because in the conditionals, there are different points of when the rotation is actually over. I suspect that Finish is also a sort of indicator to make conditional rotations more legible.

If you’d like, you can post the example you’re looking at and we can walk over it to make that clear.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  luluna.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.