Gathering Issue

Forum Forums Discussion Gathering Issue

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  vurtrue 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

sindit1001
    Participant

When I put something in gather by name and take the input out from the slot #, the bot just goes to slot 1 instead of searching/going for the name I specified. It seems like the bot isn’t taking gather by name into consideration at all

gregye
    gregye
    Participant

Are you shure that what you gather is correctly typed?
    Try to put a “0” in Slot-Number. Works for me. 🙂

sindit1001
    Participant

Yes I tried the partial and exact name with or without []. Using 0 doesn’t do anything for me either.

catandfiddle
    catandfiddle
    Participant

This has been happening to me lately, too. Even when I do what the poster above mentioned, miqobot will sometimes just ignore a specified hidden item in the list and go right to the next one in the list or the default slot.

catandfiddle
    catandfiddle
    Participant

… Oop! Figured out the issue while looking through other threads. If one of the list items is a rotation, i.e. {ore}, you need to have a non-rotation version in the list.

{ore}
    ore
    ruby

sindit1001
    Participant

That makes sense. I will try that.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, this has been stated several times:

An important note!
    Curly braces {} prevent an item to be gathered if there’s not enough GP. If you want to gather it with and without a rotation, you have to specify it twice:

{hardsilver}
    hardsilver
    crystal

In addition, when Miqobot decides to skip an item due to not enough GP, you will see this message in the Output Area:

Not enough GP for this rotation: 345 of 650 required.

And yet, it seems that this information is still not visible enough as the question keeps arising again. What else can we do to improve visibility of this information?
    Please let us know, and we’ll try to implement your ideas in the next version.

Thank you for your feedback very much!

OmniBlue
    Participant
    2+

What else can we do to improve visibility of this information?

Maybe call it out with bold text, or different colored text. Red usually works for error text. Perhaps both red and bolded or slightly larger text?

I’m not sure how easy that would be to implement but it would certainly draw the eye and maybe cut down on some of the confusion. I personally would like it if MiqoBot would tell me something is wrong in different colored text.

If at all possible it would be wonderful if when she encountered an error the text scroll would stop altogether. In my personal experience there have been times where she wasn’t behaving as expected and reading the output text helped resolve the issue. However getting to that point required a lot of scrolling.

Maybe useless but my 2cp worth.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Good point!
    We will try to adapt the Output Area for formatted colored messages. It would certainly help draw attention to important ones.

However this message is not actually an error but one of many decision taken by Miqobot. It happens at every gathering node along the way.
    Still, this is the important decision and we should at least start with special formatting. If it still doesn’t help, we will consider freezing the text scroll as well.

Thank you for your suggestion very much!

catandfiddle
    catandfiddle
    Participant
    1+

Perhaps alter the error text to make mention of the list item being skipped because of the lack of GP? Since it only mentions the lack of GP/inability to perform the rotation and not actually pick the item.

DOVAH
    Participant

Ooh, colored log text sounds nice!

To expand on catandfiddle’s idea, perhaps a log level system? Something as simple as an “Activate Debug Logs” checkbox to activate more detailed information, and then later down the line maybe categories that can be enabled/disabled for a cleaner output?

vurtrue
    Participant

Evening all. I’m still a newb when it comes to making grids.. actually this is only my second attempt. I’m over in South Shroud trying to gather some Grade 3 Topsoil from Upspoiled nodes. I created a grid to the nodes in the area but Miqo bot automatically put blue lines to other gathering nodes within the area. I can’t seem to remove them. Is it possible?
    Second question. I’m pretty much in the center of the center of the southern most spot on the map, basically the Unspoiled Nodes will spawn on either east side of the area or the west side. Well when one spawned on the far west side, I could see if on my mini map but Miqo didn’t move at all. I even have the node name in the gathering node box. It wasn’t till I moved her closer did she finally “see” it. Is there some type of range for her to see nodes? I have all the Unspoiled nodes connected with grid lines so she should not have pathing issues.

vurtrue
    Participant

Seems I posted this on someone else’s thread. My bad. I’ll create my own. Don’t see an option to delete.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.