Gathering By Name

Forum Forums Discussion Gathering By Name

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Bradoshado
    Participant

Hey sorry if this has been answered somewhere on here already but I didn’t see a Search function on the Forum.

When I’m doing Gather by name for Dark Chestnuts, if I put Fire Crystal in the list it will stick onto Fire Crystal on every node rather than looking to see if Dark Chestnut is on the node.

My line looks like this:
    {[dark chestnut]}
    fire crystal

If i remove the fire crystal from the list it’ll do dark chestnut perfectly but obviously hang if there’s no dark chestnut to harvest. If I start with a node that has Dark Chestnut on it then Miqobot will scroll through and find the Dark Chestnut, but as soon as she hits a node that doesn’t have a Dark Chestnut she will stop searching for it on every subsequent node.

Using slot number instead also doesn’t seem to help. Other than testing slot number I usually have the slot number box blank.

http://puu.sh/qPawD/8a553019b0.png

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  Bradoshado.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  Bradoshado.

ramen
    Participant

Try just putting Dark Chestnut. Without the [{ }].

Bradoshado
    Participant

All that does, Ramen, is make it get stuck on Dark Chestnut Logs sometimes rather than Fire Crystals. The issue is that Miqobot isn’t looking around to see higher priority mats to harvest once it gets to a mat on your list that is consistently on the same slot. Hence why it gets stuck on Fire Crystal with my previous setup.

So that’s not a solution.

optiblast
    Participant

What i have in mine:

[dark chestnut]
    crystal

Try this and see if it works

Bradoshado
    Participant

The issue seems to be that the [] just flat out aren’t working for me. If I put [dark chestnut log] by itself in the Gather By Name list it will skip completely over the Dark Chestnut Log and just sit at slot 1 trying to swing at nothing. I really don’t understand why I could possibly be doing wrong.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Curly braces {} in Gather by Name force Miqobot to apply gathering rotations to this and this item only. If there’s no specified item or you don’t have enough GP for a rotation, Miqobot skips it completely.

It was implemented this way in anticipation of Collectable rotations.
    For example, with Eventide Jade you are interested only in collectable version of this item since it has no use otherwise. So while your GP is regenerating, it’s best to skip Eventide Jade and collect Crystals or maybe some hidden item instead.

Since you’ve enabled Blessed Harvest 2, Miqobot will collect Dark Chestnut only when you have at least 500 GP. If you have less, she will skip it.
    In order to collect the same item with and without a rotation, you should specify it twice:

{[dark chestnut]}
    [dark chestnut]
    crystal
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

The issue seems to be that the [] just flat out aren’t working for me. If I put [dark chestnut log] by itself in the Gather By Name list it will skip completely over the Dark Chestnut Log and just sit at slot 1 trying to swing at nothing. I really don’t understand why I could possibly be doing wrong.

Your second issue seems to be a new one.
    Are you playing the English version of the game?

Bradoshado
    Participant
    1+

Sorry I kinda fell off of communicating there for a while but I think I figured out the solution to my issue.

First off thank you for providing that explanation on having to put two entries for an item if you want to gather it with AND without rotation. I don’t see that tidbit in the Gathering guide currently but it absolutely should be because that’s a huge deal.

Secondly, about the [ ] not working for me. I kinda gave up on Dark Chestnuts since I was tired of troubleshooting when i remembered my System Locale was on Japanese (Japan) for purposes of being able to play this other game I had that wouldn’t work otherwise. So after switching my system locale back to English (United States) and firing FFXIV and Miqobot back up it worked perfectly.

Dunno if the System Locale makes sense as something that actually solved the [] issue but that’s at least how the timeline went in my experience of fixing it.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for clarifying, now it makes sense 🙂

Indeed, we have another report of certain features not working properly on Japanese locale with Japanese version of the game. Apparently, Japanese locale causes issues with all versions of the game, including English.
    Japanese Locale Issue

We are already working on a fix.
    It requires modification of core utilities used by Miqobot, so it will take some more time.

And yes, the Guides section will be updated very soon with new information about Gathering Rotations.
    It is currently available in Beta thread:
    [Beta] Gathering Rotations

Thank you for reporting very much!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.