Gathering bug (minor)

Forum Forums Discussion Gathering bug (minor)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Encountered a weird, but generally harmless bug.
    It happens when I gather the weather nodes in the Diadem. After the node disappears due to the weather switching, I manually teleport to the starting area with Return after it gets to the destination, and then it tries to move to the nearest inactive node even though the name doesn’t match.
    This is the log when it happens:

(11:36:59) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘Clouded’ *.*
    (11:37:20) I sense something far away (636, -401). I want to go take a look!
    (11:37:20) Going from 5 to 30 in 5 trips.
    (11:37:27) 5 trips more..
    (11:37:29) 4 trips more..
    (11:37:29) Woah! A 454 seconds trip? I don’t think I can manage that. Let’s try 300 seconds first, okay? :3
    (11:38:35) 3 trips more..
    (11:38:36) 2 trips more..
    (11:38:37) 1 trip more..
    (11:38:37) Destination reached!
    (11:38:38) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘Clouded’ *.*

Return cast here.

(11:39:43) I see a shiny node at (-696.332581, -110.936401, 270.486694). //Inactive node, incorrect name
    (11:39:44) Going from 5 to 7 in 3 trips.

Because I don’t want the bot to actually go over to an empty node, I cancel it. It would just sit there until the next weather node pops up.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting.
    Would you please clarify, does this issue occur every time?

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

It does occur every time as long as the following conditions are met.
    1. Reached destination after the weather node disappears.
    2. Used Return after arriving on the destination (other teleports may have the same effect, but I only tried it in the Diadem).
    3. An inactive node is nearby at the teleport destination and it connects to the navigation grid.

I attached the relevant navigation grid for the Diadem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing additional information.
    This issue is caused by the loading processes in the game memory. When you cast Return, the game reloads all gathering nodes around your character. And during this process the data in the memory may indeed be incorrect.

The gathering algorithm of Miqobot was never tested with manual Return cast by player. It’s a completely autonomous system which does not consider player interruptions. It continuously scans the game memory approximately 10 times per second. And of course, if the environment changes abruptly, the algorithm will retrieve incomplete data which may be corrupted or erroneous.

We will look for possible solutions to address this issue, but it’s unlikely that there is an easy one.
    If you wish to avoid this issue, there is no other way but to stop Miqobot before casting Return.
    We apologize for inconvenience.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.