Game graphics lag

Forum Forums Discussion Game graphics lag

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Nekro Nekro 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    whodoyouthinkiam
    whodoyouthinkiam
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone have this problem?

Running miqobot together causes FFXIV graphics lag?

Even I realize after the update, when I am dragging the Miqobot along the desktop is slugglish.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Try disabling 3d radar. Some people say that it helps.

whodoyouthinkiam
    whodoyouthinkiam
    Participant

Thanks Lyfox, I will try it out.

BooBooCatchoo
    Participant

I’m having the same issue as well; open doing nothing it’s chewing through 15% CPU on a 2600X. This drops my FPS around 15-20FPS 🙁

If I turn on the combat assist it then uses about 22% of the CPU.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea that what happens when your antivirus or smartscreen cant handle 3d radar. It chokes Miqo and forces fps to drop. Try disabling 3d radar.

BooBooCatchoo
    Participant

not trying to necro; but this issue is still in the code today. I’m using the macro portion of crafting, 3D radar is disabled (when closing the bot, it will flash, so maybe it’s still calculating, I don’t know); but there has to be some perf updates that can be applied that doesn’t require 15% CPU to use the macro. Even doing nothing, it’s a detriment to gameplay if it’s open.

I’m at 4k, and easily get 60FPS and my GPU is at 57% idle as I cap the FPS so the GPU doesn’t have to work as hard. I get more FPS uncapped and GPU hits 100 so it’s not a bottleneck.

If I start the bot than instantly GPU goes up 10-20% in usage. If I’m in an uncapped state my FPS drops from 110 -> 100. Not a lot, but it adds up when in cities.

Betty Boo
    Betty Boo
    Participant

Not sure what you are on about when it comes to GPU performance, I don’t see any GPU impact whatsoever and I’m on a Radeon 6800.

In terms of CPU performance, I see an impact of 3% to 4% from the application being open and idle.
    I haven’t done any macro crafting yet since reopening but 15% doesn’t seem too unreasonable to be honest.

Hikarin
    Hikarin
    Participant

Not sure what you are on about when it comes to GPU performance, I don’t see any GPU impact whatsoever and I’m on a Radeon 6800.

In terms of CPU performance, I see an impact of 3% to 4% from the application being open and idle.
    I haven’t done any macro crafting yet since reopening but 15% doesn’t seem too unreasonable to be honest.

No. There definitely is an issue. I’ve also noticed a 15% GPU usage from Miqobot. It only occurs when FFXIV is active.

As suggested by another user, I turned off 3D radar, which dropped GPU usage to below 0.5%.

Either there are codes that are not working well, or no optimization was done at all.

EDIT; Also, Miqobot itself doesn’t show that it’s using the GPU. Rather it affects DWM (Desktop Window Manager), which maintains windows related graphical resources.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Hikarin Hikarin.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    1+

I’m pretty sure that’s due to the nature of how the overlay works to be compatible with Dx11. It might use the DWM Windows Layer to “project” the 3D Radar onto Windows’ renderspace.

khmmiqobot
    Participant

The overlay is part of it. But, it’s also the memory/routine load that Miqo does that might give some people FPS issues. if you are running around 16MB of RAM or less, you’ll see most of the problem. Windows hogs a significant amount. When the memory load gets to a certain threshold, applications will start stalling/stuttering. Unfortunately, there’s not a lot of fix to this if it’s a physical RAM issue. But, you can try one thing that might help clear up the RAM a bit:

– Press Win+R
    – Type “regedit”
    – Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Session Manager > Memory Management
    – Find “ClearPageFileAtShutDown” and change value to 1″
    – Restart

The only downside to this is that restarting your computer will take a bit of time since it is now clearing your page file.
    See if this helps besides turning off 3D radar and other Miqo overlays. If this works for you, you will have to remember to restart the computer when memory usage hits around 70-80%.

Also, make sure you whitelist Miqo’s folder if you are using an Anti Virus and especially if you are using Windows Defender. It will constantly scan in the background that will use a lot of resources.

LASTLY, If you are running FFXIV Teamcraft (desktop version) I strongly suggest removing it, especially if you are auto uploading/downloading information to their site and Universalis. This app will run even if you have it closed.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  khmmiqobot.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    1+

The overlay is part of it. But, it’s also the memory/routine load that Miqo does that might give some people FPS issues. if you are running around 16MB of RAM or less, you’ll see most of the problem. Windows hogs a significant amount. When the memory load gets to a certain threshold, applications will start stalling/stuttering. Unfortunately, there’s not a lot of fix to this if it’s a physical RAM issue. But, you can try one thing that might help clear up the RAM a bit:

– Press Win+R
    – Type “regedit”
    – Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Session Manager > Memory Management
    – Restart

The only downside to this is that restarting your computer will take a bit of time since it is now clearing your page file.
    See if this helps besides turning off 3D radar and other Miqo overlays. If this works for you, you will have to remember to restart the computer when memory usage hits around 70-80%.

Also, make sure you whitelist Miqo’s folder if you are using an Anti Virus and especially if you are using Windows Defender. It will constantly scan in the background that will use a lot of resources.

LASTLY, If you are running FFXIV Teamcraft (desktop version) I strongly suggest removing it, especially if you are auto uploading/downloading information to their site and Universalis. This app will run even if you have it closed.

Of note that this is no longer a recommended tweak for RAM saving/manual management. Only for making sure your sensitive data is gone on restart, if you’re working with such.

(As of Win8.1 onwards)

Hikarin
    Hikarin
    Participant

– Press Win+R
    – Type “regedit”
    – Restart

I have doubts that this is the cause of the issue. I have 32GB of RAM. I’m pretty sure the overlay is just poorly optimized. Not even ACT overlays hogs this much.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    1+

I have doubts that this is the cause of the issue.

But did you try adding exceptions to your running anti virus softwares?
    – miqobot_v1.3.45.exe
    – C:\Users\[YOUR-USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\miqobot\miqoradar.exe (Default on Win10)

I am not playing in 4k resolution, but only with the 4k ui textures. And I don’t even see a bump in overall resources used by Miqo, except the ram usage of maybe a few 100 MB.

I cannot test it, but maybe it has something to do with your 4k resolution. As the overlay probably needs to be rendered with the same one, which is more likely to impact your GPU. Resolution is always a performance killer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.