Game closes during gathering

Forum Forums Discussion Game closes during gathering

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fayris 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fayris
    Participant

Hello, I have been using Miqo for quite some time, but after the recent patch I’ve been having seemingly random occurrences of XIV closing. It isn’t a DX error, it’s a simple crash to desktop without any error message. (Also, Miqo remains open after, it doesn’t close or anything. She only reports that she has lost the game and can’t play anymore.)

Every part of miqo works fine aside from gathering, which usually works fine for hours, but will occasionally close the game. The shortest amount of time for it to occur was 3 minutes, the longest was 4 hours.

Anyone else have this issue, or any insight regarding it?

Edit: I have tested it with XIV being focused and unfocused, the game closing happens either way. I also have Miqo whitelisted on windows firewall (which is disabled anyway) and I don’t have any other AV programs.

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by  fayris. Reason: more info

Xion
    Participant

Doubtful Miqo is causing it. I’ve witnessed this before and for me updating drivers usually helped and not running overlay applications in background.

fayris
    Participant

I don’t have any overlay applications, but I just checked and I am one month behind on drivers. I’ll give that a shot. Thank you!

Just!cE
    Just!cE
    Participant

I saw this in today’s hotfix notes:

・An issue wherein attempting to gather as a miner or botanist while mounted caused the game client to crash under certain conditions.

Maybe they fixed your problem.

fayris
    Participant

They did indeed fix my problem! I tried many other methods to fix it, including undervolting my GPU, certain XIV settings, etc etc.

But hey, I got extra performance out of it so all is good! Thank you for the heads-up!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.