[Forum Feature Request] Read All button

Forum Forums Discussion [Forum Feature Request] Read All button

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc

I’m somehow a bit creative right now, which is why I’m posting 2 feature request ideas that are kinda exotic.
    This one is just something simple for the forums though. Could you implement a “mark all threads as read” button? It’s kinda annoying having to click through each thread to mark them as read even if it’s just stuff that doesn’t interest you.

Thanks 🙂

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

This is something i wanted to ask for a long time but since i found a solution it didnt bother me much.
    The thing is the button is already there but its hidden for some reason. Go to any subforum, open browser console (Ctrl-Shift-J in Chrome), then type this:

jQuery('.bbpress_mark_all_read_wrapper').show();

You will see a button thats fully clickable and works as expected. Maybe they removed it cause it looks kinda messed up.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Arc
    Arc

Oh, that’s weird. Would be good to enable this then. Shouldn’t be an issue since it’s already there and nothing has to be coded 🙂
    Thanks for the info :>

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, the button was redundant when we launched forums two years ago as there was no topics yet. On top of that, it works per page only. So we disabled it 🙂
    Thank you for reminding us, it’s re-enabled now.

You might have to force refresh your browser cache in order to see it. Default shortcut on Windows is Ctrl + F5.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.