For each role, which job is best to use with combat assist?

Forum Forums Discussion For each role, which job is best to use with combat assist?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by iNight iNight 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    iNight
    iNight
    Participant

So far I’ve been using ranged DPS with combat assist because I feel all of them are easy to use. Although I mainly playing as DNC, I do feel BRD is the easiest, followed by MCH. Since I rarely playing other roles, I’m curious about them. Assuming all jobs are level 80, which job for each role (tank, healer, melee, magic) do you think the best to use with current state of combat assist?

cr1tr
    Participant
    3+

I think bard is the best job for DPS since there isnt a ‘rotation’ that you really need to follow so Miqo handles it almost flawlessly.

cvszn
    Participant

How about tank/healer?

clementxd
    Participant

any thoughts on dragoon with combat assist?

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    1+

pld works fine as tank for me, and white mage is pretty solid for healing

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    1+

For level 80 tank I only have GNB, and level 80 healer I only have SCH. IMO, both of them are pretty good with combat assist. Of course not all skills are supported but it’s not hard to press them manually.

I also leveled up my magic DPS, and I think RDM is good. But I need to disable dashes and backsteps because sometimes miqo does unwanted jumps. So I always use Corps-a-corps and Displacement manually.

Can’t say anything about melee DPS yet because I only have NIN at 80 and I’m still not sure to turn blind positionals on or off for all melee classes.

wizardface
    Participant

I also leveled up my magic DPS, and I think RDM is good. But I need to disable dashes and backsteps because sometimes miqo does unwanted jumps. So I always use Corps-a-corps and Displacement manually.

how do you disable certain skills as i am having this exact problem

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

So for iNights example -they turned off the blind positionals and dashses and backsteps option on the assist tab.

For specific abilities beyond those movement ones, you can hide them behind a macro with a different /micon set than the ability actually is

wizardface
    Participant

thank you for the reply

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    1+

Actually I use gamepad to control my character, but in keyboard mode not gamepad mode. Miqo is only using keyboard’s hotbar, and I put skills that I want to use manually like Peloton on gamepad’s cross hotbar, so I don’t need to use macro with different icon. I think you can still use cross hotbar even without gamepad. If miqo doesn’t plan to support gamepad’s hotbar I prefer to do it this way because I won’t get confused with different icon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.