Fishing preset priority (Scenario)

Forum Forums Discussion Fishing preset priority (Scenario)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by soviras soviras 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    soviras
    soviras
    Participant

I was wondering how it works if there are conflicting presets, like for fish that need intuition and mooching and you have a noIntuitionPreset, an intiutionPreset, and a moochPreset active at the same time? Which one takes priority? Is there a way to make it use a different preset if intuition is active AND a specific mooch fish is caught, but not unless those two conditions are met at the same time?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Mooch presets always take priority over intuition and non-intuition presets.

Is there a way to make it use a different preset if intuition is active AND a specific mooch fish is caught, but not unless those two conditions are met at the same time?

No, there is no such option at the moment.
    Would you please give us an example of fish that requires this configuration? We are planning a redesign of scenario fishing functions, so additional data will be useful for research.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

One example is Kuno the Killer. To get him, you need to mooch silverfish with Precision in order to catch the fish that gives you Fisher’s Intuition, but then you need to mooch silverfish with Powerful to actually catch Kuno. This would mean that during intuition, you want to mooch with a different preset for silverfish than outside of intuition.

For Kuno, you need silverfish (caught with precision) -> goldfish (caught with precision) -> canavan (caught with powerful) for intuition, and then silverfish (caught with precision) -> assassin betta (caught with powerful) -> kuno the killed (caught with powerful). This means that when aiming for Kuno, after catching a silverfish you need to mooch it with powerful if you have intuition and precise without.

There may be others, or for more niche cases where someone fishes for multiple fish and just wants to use a different preset while not in intuition to get a different fish.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for providing this information.
    We will see if we can introduce better tools for advanced fishing configuration.

In the meantime, we would recommend using a single preset for Kuno the Killer, regardless of the Fisher’s Intuition buff.

• Precision Hook.
    • Powerful Hook.
    • Patience 2.

And let the ingame RNG handle the mooch chains naturally.
    Of course, this would not be 100% optimal. But considering the fact that Fisher’s Intuition stays active for 24 minutes after catching Canavan, Miqobot should have plenty of time to utilize it.

In addition, it should be noted that Goldfish has a 55% chance to be converted into Assassin Betta, therefore it is not necessary to remove it from the mooch chain for optimal performance.

This preset was used by our developers during testing and it worked without issues.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

There is one related feature I would like to request. A setting to ignore fish that pull on the line between certain times, with an option to combine it with a fish size. Each fish has a unique time window in which it can start biting, and sometimes you don’t care about the other fish, so ignoring them would be better if the bite is outside of the window your desired fish is in.

Sometimes the windows overlap though, and for instance the small fish in a certain window is the one you want and it overlaps with a medium you don’t want. This isn’t a very important one though, just for optimization. If it’s hard to do, just ignore the request. It’s useful for places with fish that have a very spread out bite window, when you only need a specific fish.

An example related to Kuno is in the North Shards in Mor Dhona, when using Honey Worms as bait, Silverfish appears at 7.5 seconds to 14 seconds, while Lamp Marimo appears after 18 seconds. Both are small fish, but you only want to catch the Silverfish. Most mooch chains and big fish have similar things, and you can ignore any fish outside of a desired bite window.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, this is also one of the advanced settings that is planned in the future.

The problem with advanced features is that at some point they become too complex and very uncomfortable to use. The time it would take to prepare the optimal configuration may exceed the time it takes to catch the fish manually. And in most cases, the most complex setup is better only by a slight margin.

So in the end, advanced features are used once or twice and get abandoned after that.
    That’s why we usually delay the implementation of complex systems unless it is absolutely necessary.

But we understand your request and will consider it in our development plans.
    Thank you for your feedback very much.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

I think it would be a feature most useful for scenarios, as making a scenario and sharing it would let many people profit and the work would only need to be done once. I agree it’s a bit of work, but I can get the info easily with Miqo+ACT with Cactbots fishing overlay, so when it’s a feature I can release a tutorial on setting it up to gather info.

In normal use cases I don’t see it used a lot, just scenarios for farming things. My current white scrip project, based on fishing, which gets me about 300-700 white scrips per hour but needs some more fixing to not break (miqo doesn’t always land properly with the waypoints, so still testing/adjusting), would profit from it. It needs to catch a medium fish, but only in a certain bite window, the other medium fish are useless. It uses cordials on cooldown, and loses versatile lures in the process, so not exactly cheap to run, but it’s fast enough. I think I could get about 5-10% extra per hour by ignoring the wrong medium fish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.