Fishing Keybind Error

Forum Forums Discussion Fishing Keybind Error

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Destrata
    Destrata
    Participant

Hi,

I have been loving the bot so far and everything has been working wonderfully until recently when I switched to Windows 10 on a new SSD.
    I have all the same setting as I did before except for some keybinds but the only action miqobot wants to use while fishing is cast, regardless of which hotbar or keybind it’s set to. I have most of my actions on the same hotbar with similar bindings. I’ve gone through and checked my settings multiple times and I’m pretty lost at this point. Any help would be much appreciated!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Would you please provide more information about your issue?

1. What does Miqobot say in her Output Area? Does she say anything about keybind errors?
      A copy of Output Area content would be highly appreciated.
    2. Does Monitor tab show correct data?
      If you could take a screenshot of Monitor tab during Fishing, it would help a lot.
    3. Does 3D Radar work correctly? When you enable Show -> All, do you see monsters marked with green circles?
    4. What action exactly do you expect Miqobot to use besides Cast? How can it be reached with keyboard?
      Is it bound to a shortcut directly or does it require Miqobot to switch between different hotbars?
    5. What settings do you use for Fishing? Do you have Ignore Tugs option enabled?
    6. Is Fishing Bot the only feature that is not working? Does Gathering work, or Crafting?

The more information we have, the faster we’ll be able to find a solution for you 🙂
    Thank you very much!

Destrata
    Destrata
    Participant

I’d be happy to.

1. After first cast times out I get an error prompt stating “Cast skill not available. Get closer to water and try again!.
    Here is her output log:
    (1:45:48 PM) Hello! I am your Miqobot!
    (1:45:49 PM) I’ve found a yummy license file! Can I? :3
    (1:45:49 PM) Searching for catnip with your license code…
    (1:45:50 PM) Thank you, this is an awesome catnip license!
    (1:45:50 PM) Your license is valid until: 2016-06-08 00:24:40 (UTC)
    (1:45:51 PM) I found the game! Let’s play together! :3
    (1:46:03 PM) Fishing starting…
    (1:46:03 PM) Fishing for: 40 min
    (1:46:03 PM) Max scenario fish count: 200
    (1:46:33 PM) TryStart timer ended. No Luck. Time passed: 0.5

2. The info that is there seems to be correct, I’ll attach a shot.
    3. Radar seems to be working fine, with enemy markers showing.
    4. I always have “sit” and “rod light” checked and sometimes “stealth at start” but she won’t perform any of those, only cast. I would also expect her to “hook” the fish once there is a tug. To my misfortune she does not. I have direct keybinds but I also have keybinds for swapping hotbars if she ever needs to. For fishing her keybinds are linked to hotbars 1 and 7 and she’ll cast if “cast” is on either.
    5. I’ve tried a changing all the fishing settings to see if she would react any differently, but I had no success. But generally I just use the built in scrips presets and uncheck any ignore tugs boxes.
    6. The only thing that seems to be working is choco racing movement. Just tried crafting and Miqo says in output ” Crafting step 1 -> key ‘??'”. I’m late for work so I’ll check gathering later tonight but I’m going to assume I’ll have similar problems.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for the detailed information!

So Miqobot uses Cast correctly, but she never actually Hooks the fish, right?
    It seems that there is an issue with detecting the Hook icon (and maybe others as well). We are going to prepare a special diagnostics build for you, which will help identify the problem.

Just one more question.

Please try to Cast the line by yourself and make sure that your Bait-Cast-Hook icons look similar to this:
    Bait-Cast-Hook Icons
    Bait icon should be active, Cast inactive, and Hook active.
    After this, press Start in Miqobot like before.

Is Fishing Bot still not hooking anything?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Destrata
    Destrata
    Participant

Correct, she’ll use cast but nothing else afterwards.
    My Icons are all there and behave as they should.
    Most importantly when I manually cast myself and then started miqobot like you suggested, she worked flawlessly.
    I can farm scrips again! Much thanks. I’m still glad to help in any way to figure out why this is happening.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for verifying!

Now we are a little confused. The issue is not about detecting the Hook icon as we assumed earlier. Which means that the diagnostics build we planned for you is not going to help.

It’s great that you found a way around this issue 🙂
    But in case it stops working again, here’s some additional information that might help you.

When you press the Start button, Miqobot goes into Starting Phase.
    In this phase, she looks for the Cast icon on your hotbar. If the Cast icon is active, she hits it and waits for the Hook icon to become active. As soon as the Hook icon activates, Starting Phase switches into normal Fishing Phase.
    So by casting the line yourself you effectively skipped the Starting Phase.

When you encountered this message:
    Cast skill not available. Get closer to water and try again!
    It means that Cast icon never activated (or at least that’s what Miqobot thought). But you are saying that it was active, and Miqobot still timed out on waiting. This is the part that confused us.

But there are also other reasons why this could happen:

• Cast icon was active, but no Bait was specified. In this case, the game would block you from Casting.
    • Cast icon was active, but you ran out of Bait earlier. It would lead to the same outcome.
    • Cast icon was active, but you were fishing in the same spot for some time before. This could lead to The fish sense something amiss. message in the game.

So the next time you will go Fishing, we would like to ask you to take a closer look at your environment.
    Are there any error messages in the game itself?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

6. The only thing that seems to be working is choco racing movement. Just tried crafting and Miqo says in output ” Crafting step 1 -> key ‘??’”. I’m late for work so I’ll check gathering later tonight but I’m going to assume I’ll have similar problems.

As for Crafting, it seems that you are trying to craft with a Macro.

This message:
    Crafting step 1 -> key ‘??'
    means that Miqobot is waiting for you to input a key into the Macro box.

We would recommend following our Crafting guide. There are two methods currently available: Macro Crafting and Crafting Solver.
    You can try them both 🙂

Destrata
    Destrata
    Participant

Unfortunately, bait nor “The fish sense something amiss.” was ever the issue, I tried multiple fishing locations and baits while trying to troubleshoot the matter myself before coming to the forums. Even more oddly now, she’s performed every action while fishing except for stealth. Also, I no longer have to skip the starting phase, she does just fine on her own now except for not using stealth. Is she starting to get a mind of her own?
    I went back and tried crafting again after I downloaded the new v1.2.45 and still had the same issue. Unfortunately again, I don’t even have any macros set up at this point for crafting. I had used her for crafting prior to the mishaps and she worked just fine using the crafting solver. I haven’t tried to do anything different since then, I just highlight the item I want to craft in my log and hit start, she does the rest. Just like fishing, I have all the correct crafting icons on all the same hotbars and keybinds I use for fishing. I tried manually starting her like I did for fishing, while also using some crafting abilities before starting the script, no luck.

Destrata
    Destrata
    Participant

Just to clarify, Miqobot started being able to handle the starting phase while fishing on her own before I downloaded the new version if that makes any difference.

Destrata
    Destrata
    Participant
    1+

Update: I’m an idiot. I went through your crafting guide just cover all my bases and realized I wasn’t checking the “use” box for the crafting solver. You were right, I was trying to use macros lol. Crafting seems to work fine now! Sorry about that.

Nott
    Participant

Update: I’m an idiot.

Been there, recently 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Understood, thank you for the updates on situation!

So the only thing that is still not working is Stealth when your start the Fishing Bot, right?

We have made some investigation as to what could cause this. By any chance, could you have multiple Stealth icons present on hotbar at the same time?
    Like Stealth from Miner, Stealth from Botanist, Stealth from Fisher. This could potentially confuse Miqobot as she would not know which icon matches the current job. This is just a wild guess of course, but we couldn’t think of any other cause.

If this is not the case, we would ask you to try a similar solution as before.

1. Move your Stealth icon on the first hotbar, into the 1st slot (temporarily), so no other icon would precede it.
    2. Move your Cast icon on the first hotbar, into the 2nd slot.
    3. Move your Hook icon on the first hotbar, into the 3rd slot.
    4. Approach the fishing spot and make sure that you have:
      – Stealth active.
      – Cast active.
      – Hook inactive.
    5. Enable Stealth at Start in Miqobot settings.
    6. Press Start button.

Miqobot should now use Stealth at the starting phase, and Cast the line after that.
    Did this help?

After this experiment, you can put your icons back to where they were.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.