Feature suggestion for crafting

Forum Forums Discussion Feature suggestion for crafting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

root
    Participant
    1+

I try to be as socially active as possible when using miqobot during crafting sessions and one thing has consistently bothered me that the bot does not make it easy. I can cancel crafting and have it start back up again which is fine and dandy, but then sadly the counter gets reset.

A simple solution to this would be a pause button for the crafting ai. However since I don’t know how the insides of Miqo works, a just as effective yet hackier solution would be to pull the stack count out of the text box and subtract 1 from it everytime an item finishes crafting. Automatically updating the total to be crafted in the window wouldn’t effect how miqo works bc it’s read at the beginning of the crafting routine.

just_a_poor_boy
    Participant

I was thinking the same, also would love if there would be a progression bar for the total amount of crafted items and maybe an ETA to completion, using the average time the items crafted before in the session took.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

All right, we will try to push an automatic pause for chat into one of the upcoming updates.
    A progression bar and ETA to completion are rather complex features, but we will add them to our development plans as well.

Thank you for your request very much!

DAL41123
    Participant

Yeah pause would be great for crafting

Relecade
    Participant

I second a pause ability, but in addition to crafting, please also make it for gathering. Many times I’m sitting there watching Miqo do her thing farming nodes for X, and somebody in FC Chat asks a question that’s directed at me since they see me logged in (or directed to the FC in general I wish to respond to), and I have to “finish” resetting all my progress on the number of nodes I was after, just to reply, just to start it back up again.

Given the errors displayed in the Miqo status area saying “Sorry, couldn’t disable typing :(” I would think it would be fairly trivial to detect the chat input box being activated and have Miqo stop issuing commands until the input box loses focus. I’d even start a timer for, say, 3 seconds when the input box loses focus, to see if the input box regains focus such as typing a multi-line response, before Miqo resumes her thing at the end of the counter. This way, people can respond to queries/chat as they wish knowing it will directly pause things until they’re done. Yes, it will increase the amount of time Miqo takes to do something being interrupted constantly and the more interruptions the worse it gets, but it solves a huge pain point for many while not impacting others who don’t wish to deal with the interruptions.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, automatic pause for chat is planned for all features.
    It’s not as trivial as it seems, because certain Miqobot modules will break if interrupted by chat. They have to be carefully redesigned before interruptions become possible. Otherwise, we would implement it a long time ago.

We are working non-stop to release new features as fast as possible and we thank you for your patience.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.