Feature Request

Forum Forums Discussion Feature Request

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by captainblunt captainblunt 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Beacon Toggle:

This would be a switch you can turn on and off that would show all the beacons in the zone you’re in. The purpose would be to show where there grids are located. You walk into a zone that has 4 or 5 different gathering possibilities. Some for mining, some for botany. The beacons could show you where these are in the zone without having to scroll through your navigation grids to see if you have that one.

I’m not sure if this is a good idea or not but I’m throwing it out there for you to consider. 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This is a nice suggestion 🙂

The only problem is that Navigation Grids are currently not bound to a zone, so Miqobot would have trouble identifying the correct Beacons to show. With the current state of Grids data format Miqobot would display all Beacons at once, some of them high up in the sky and some deep underground.
    This is probably not what you expected.

But I guess we can rely on Grids ‘Description’ field.
    Miqobot would scan through the Descriptions and look for the corresponding Zone name. Of course, this solution makes it less flexible due to possible typos. But since this is not a fundamental feature, we hope that it won’t be much of an issue 🙂

Do you think it will work for you?

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

So having a way to search the description field for text? That sounds like it would be even better then my idea.

So let’s say I have a lot of grids, and I want to see if Iron Ore is in one of them. I then search for Iron and the corresponding grid would then be selected or highlighted for selection.

The way I’ve been doing my description fields I copied from Either AI or Mochi, not sure which. I put the zone name > closest teleport or area, Names of each item in that node. So searching for Lower La Noscea, would result in several results or “Iron Ore” would result in one result.

Yeah, honestly that would be a far better idea and probably easier to implement if you decide to do that.

I understand what you mean about the grids not being bound to a location. That’s why I will see my grids way off in the distance after teleporting home from a long day of gathering. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.