Feature Request: Gather Max (HQ) Quantity on Hand

Forum Forums Discussion Feature Request: Gather Max (HQ) Quantity on Hand

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by WhmChocobo470 WhmChocobo470 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    WhmChocobo470
    WhmChocobo470
    Participant

While the gathering tool is amazing I did notice it is missing a feature that I think would be an improvement to leverage the Gather by Name.

Adding an option for Max Normal Quantity to Gather and Max HQ Quantity to Gather could help shape the Gather by Name into a more fleshed out queuing gathering feature if per say you intend to farm up multiple types of materials that are available from a certain node.

Designing it as a # to Gather with # entry fields for Normal and HQ amounts would be amazing.
    Attached is a mockup. :3

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

You’d have to find a way to tell it *what* you are gathering X of, since I have several match names that apply to a multitude of nodes, so I might be getting 10 from X, 30 from Y, 50 from Z. I’d rather be able to keep one preset.

I can see the idea behind it, gathering a count instead of just number of nodes hit though

WhmChocobo470
    WhmChocobo470
    Participant

That could be achieved with adding a toggle/checkbox next to each Gather by Name field.

Edit 2:
    Attached a different mockup to better illustrate what I meant.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by WhmChocobo470 WhmChocobo470. Reason: incorrect use of box vs field
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by WhmChocobo470 WhmChocobo470.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Its a really nice idea. Just an fyi its already possible with scenarios. Placing it on UI might be a good convenience feature though.

WhmChocobo470
    WhmChocobo470
    Participant

Oh nifty, wasn’t aware of the Scenario’s being a viable workaround. I’ll look into it further; Thank you @lyfox!

WhmChocobo470
    WhmChocobo470
    Participant

Still having troubles with how to manage totals via Scenario’; able to manage turnins of leves and navigational moves but unable to identify the call for Gathering and setting a check for number on hand.

Any tips?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Oh you simply divide the number of items by 4 and thats how many nodes you need to gather. For HQ number just divide that value by your HQ gathering rate.

200 Cotton Bolls / 4 = 50 nodes
    100 HQ Cotton Bolls / 15% HQ rate / 4 = 100 / 0.15 / 4 = 167 nodes

Theres no inventory management in Miqo to check the exact item count if thats what you mean. But its easy to calculate your way around it.

WhmChocobo470
    WhmChocobo470
    Participant
    1+

Still struggling with it, sorry I swear I’m not dense >.< .
    Any example you could provide for the layout @lyfox ?

Re: First post what do you think @miqobot would the proposed feature be feasible as a QoL addition?

WhmChocobo470
    WhmChocobo470
    Participant
    1+

Disregard. I researched a bit. selectGatherPreset and multiple chapters make the world go round. Thanks for the inspiration Lyfox!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Yea selectGatherPreset() is what i forgot to mention sorry.

WhmChocobo470
    WhmChocobo470
    Participant

No biggy, appreciate the help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.