[Feature Request] Desynthesis Index

Forum Forums Discussion [Feature Request] Desynthesis Index

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 6 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc

I know this is a weird request and I’m definitely for putting this behind most things that are currently worked on, but I think you could do everyone a great service with the implementation of this idea:

I remember when SE patched the PotD that coffers and traps are handled server-side instead of client-side, you implemented a data-gathering feature that recorded the position of every player who stepped into a trap or revealed a treasure coffer to generate a layer of possible trap/coffer locations for PotD.

What I’m thinking of now is another data-gathering feature that gathers information on Desynthesis results, as there is not a single list online that covers all desynthesis results. That feature could work the following way: Every time a player who is running Miqo desynthes something either manually or via the Miqo desynth tab, the results are recorded and sent to the server being compiled into a list, which then can then be implemented into a Miqo “info tab”, where you can select every desynthable item from a dropdown menu and the potential results are then displayed within a box.

This is absolutely low priority imho, but it would be an absolutely great feature, since it would:

1. Give us the option to take a look at every item and decide beforehand if it’s worth farming it for the desynthesis results (like Shinryu weapons for Shinryu scales for example)
    2. Be a nice incentive for users around here to use Miqobot, as this is somehow a teamwork-exploration-feature. What I mean with that is, that in the early stage there will be almost no information. There surely will be some players like me who want to help improve that list and will start desynthing things to provide data to you and perfect that list.
    3. Be a nice feature for advertisement on the miqobot homepage like “We have a list of everything that can be desynthed” and that would be one thing more that transcends Miqo from any other Bot out there 🙂

I hope you like this idea 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This is a very interesting idea, but we would like to wait for Desynthesis to become more popular first.

As of now, less than 10% of our users are interested in using Miqobot for desynthesis. And most of the time it’s exclusively fish desynthesis, which already has a decent database at ff14angler.com/desynthesized/.

We will keep monitoring popularity of this feature, and we’ll definitely consider implementing a crowdsourcing solution when it becomes a viable investment.
    Thank you for your request very much!

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Nice to hear 🙂
    Yup, as I mentioned before it’s more a tertiary feature I’m wishing as well ^^ Many other features are far more important. This would simply be a nice to have addition 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.